Safety should be a skier’s main concern when choosing what helmet to buy. Make sure that the ski helmets of your choice are of good quality and have safety certification.
5 Best-Selling Ski Helmets with Audio
Table of Contents
Once you are assured that you have both categories, it is now time to choose your helmet’s aesthetics and other features. There is a vast variety of helmets with audio systems out in the market. And choosing the best one could quite be a tedious task.
Let us remove that burden from your hands. In this article, we will be giving you a list of recommendations for the best ski helmets with audio systems.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Ski Helmets with Audio
- connect up to four sena latitude helmets via bluetooth for intercom conversations; no smartphone required
- one-to-one hd intercom allows a pair of user to hear high-definition intercom conversations
- talk time of up to 8 hours; recharges in 3 hours
The Sena Latitude S1 is a snow helmet that features an integrated audio and communication system. Audio connectivity is through Bluetooth. If you are one to ski in groups then this helmet is for you.
It features a 4-way intercom system that allows you to communicate with other people without the use of walkie talkies. Bluetooth connectivity allows you to connect to your smart devices so that you can access phone calls, music, and other smart voice command features.
The helmet’s interior and lining are easy to remove for convenience in wash and care. The Sena Latitude is also complete with the necessary safety certifications.
- certified safety. this helmet has undergone intensive safety tests. it fully complies with en1077 and astm safety certified standards. superior protection. two reinforced layers providing superior protection from the inside out. the external cap that made from strong abs material provides superior protection from outside, the inner shell that made from high quality eps foam absorbs sock by your head from inside.
- superior protection. two reinforced layers providing superior protection from the inside out. the external cap that made from strong abs material provides superior protection from outside, the inner shell that made from high quality eps foam absorbs sock by your head from inside.
- ventilation & audio compatible. adjustable venting lets you control airflow to suit the ambient temperature. vents draw fresh air in the front and pull moisture out the back, helping keep goggles clear and maintain a balanced and comfortable climate all day long.earpad is designed with an audio storage slot, compatible with all major aftermarket helmet audio systems.
The TurboSke ski and snowboarding helmet offer the best aesthetics with superior protection. It has undergone several safety tests and is fully EN1077 compliant. This helmet is also certified by ASTM.
It offers two protective layers that offer superior protection from the inside out. The shell is material is made out of ABS and the inner shell is made out of EPS. EPS is a high-quality foam that is meant to absorb shocks from the inside.
This helmet also features adequate venting that you can adjust to control the airflow. It is meant to draw moisture through the air coming in from the front and blown towards the back. The earpad is also designed to be compatible with all aftermarket audio systems.
You walkie talkie system can also be used with this helmet.
- 【safe & lightweight】livall smart ski helmet fits most heads comfortably. size m: 21.25-22.83in(54-58cm). the size adjustment dial in the back enables the helmet perfectly fit your head. a durable abs outer shell wraps around an impact-absorbing in-mold eps layer for protecting your head from injury.
- 【sos warning】our snow helmet with fall detection and real-time gps positioning, when the unexpected happens, helmet emergency signals turned on, sos signals sent to your emergency contacts on impact immediately via livall app.
- 【walkie-talkie】using built-in windproof microphone and advanced bluetooth speaker, it can ensure the clarity of voice input / output. perfect for enjoying your hands free communication and music. one-click answer, never miss an important phone call. (due to the official reason of apple's mobile phone, the voice function will be limited in the system which is above 10.3, and the intercom function may not work properly!)
If you are tech-savvy and would not want to be disconnected from the world then the LIVALL Smart Helmet is the one for you. It has an adjustable size dial to perfectly fit your head. The outer shell is made out of ABS which is lined by EPS from the inside.
This helmet comes with fall detection as well as real-time GPS tracking. When unexpected circumstances happen, the helmet will automatically send out an SOS signal which is set in your emergency contacts. These contacts can be set via the LIVALL app.
The LIVALL also features a built-in walkie-talkie as well as a Bluetooth speaker. The LIVALL App automatically tracks your outdoor activities, namely the mileage, duration, speed, slope, and even the altitude can be recorded in the app’s logs.
The helmet comes with a 1-year warranty. It also meets both the CPSC and CE safety standards.
- 【safe & lightweight】smart4u ski helmet used a durable abs outer shell wraps around an impact-absorbing in-mold eps layer for multi-layer protection.
- 【quality speaker】built-in bluetooth, wind noise redection headphone & mic. press button on the helmet to answer the call. mic-35db, bluetooth 4.2, perfect for enjoying your hands-free communication and music.(no group chat feature)
- 【one-click answer】big buttons and easy to answer phone calls while wearing ski gloves. never miss an improtant phone call, no need to take out phone so often and never afraid will lose headphones/ airpods while skiing. note: for your safety, be sure to answer the phone when you stop.
The Smart4u is your mid-range and more affordable smart helmet but is still heavily packed with features. The outer shell is made out of ABS material and the inner shell is made out of EPS. The EPS absorbs the impact in case of a crash.
This helmet features a built-in Bluetooth speaker system as well as a headphone and mic with noise reduction feature. You can connect this helmet to your mobile phone. Answering and making calls is a one-button operation.
This helmet is also waterproof and has a rating of IPX4. Its battery can last up to 14 hours while on stand by and 4 hours for calls. The helmet comes with a one year warranty.
- audio built into your earpads - can use with or without audio.
- smooth abs shell and eps foam padding. ce and astm certified
- comes with free balaclava face mask.
For those with a limited budget, the Demon Phantom helmet is the right choice for you. It has the same safety features as the high-end smart helmets and is both ASTM and CE certified.
It has a smooth ABS shell with EPS foam padding on the inside. It also features adjustable vents that help regulate the temperature inside your helmet.
The audio system itself is built-in into the helmet’s earpads.
1. Build Material
How the helmet was constructed and also the materials that are used translate to the helmet’s safety capability. Find those that have a sturdy build with an ABS outer shell and molded EPS inner shell.
2. Safety Certification
Before helmets are certified, they are to undergo intensive crash testing. Make sure that your helmet of choice is EN1077 compliant as well as CE and ASTM certified.
3. Audio System
The audio system should be built-in to the earpiece of the helmet. Having an earpiece as well as a microphone with noise reduction is essential when you are out on the slopes. This allows you to communicate with your peers, listen to music, and make and take calls.
Smart helmets are the champions of convenience. But, for mid to low-end helmets, having Bluetooth compatibility is more than enough for the average skier.
Frequently Asked Questions
Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene is a polymer made out of thermoplastic. It is widely used in safety equipment because it is sturdy in build as well as light. ABS is known to be tough. It also has good impact resistance qualities.
EPS or expanded polystyrene is a lightweight, strong, and durable foam. It has thermal insulation as well as shock absorption characteristics.
ASTM international auditing body that checks safety requirements of equipment, compliance to industry standards. They would certify products if it passes their safety standards.
Ski helmets could last a lifetime but there are certain standards that we need to follow. Normally, certifications expire thus the need comes to also retire the helmet.
Full-face helmets are deemed bad for skiing because it tends to dig into the snow in case of a fall. This also risks the possibility of spinal injury.
Skiing does not have to be boring while you soak in complete silence. You can still enjoy the thrills of skiing while listening to your favorite music. Aesthetics and smart features are good however, never compromise safety over the use of helmet accessories. So choose wisely.