The experiences of a seasoned skier versus the novices might be vastly different when out on the slopes, but one thing is shared between them. It is the unpleasantries of traveling with all of your gear.
5 Best-Selling Ski Bags
Table of Contents
- 1. Athletico Two-Piece Combo
- 2. High Sierra Ski Bag Combo Bundle
- 3. Athletico Mogul Padded Ski Bag
- 4. Thule Roundtrip Ski Bag
- 5. Element Equipment Wheeled and Padded Ski Bag
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Although it is the most necessary aspect of your ski trip, going through airports, security checks, and commuting could make the experience quite unpleasant.
There is one way to ease the challenges, though, and that is having the right ski bag to do the job. Finding the right piece of equipment could be the key to make a difference.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Ski Bags
- ski bag fits most ski up to 200 cm in length and ski boot bag accomodates most skis up to 200 cm
- crafted of 600 denier water resistant polyester to keep your skis and ski gear safe from the elements
- padded carrying handles to make your ski luggage easy to carry through the airport, to your car, and up to the slopes when you travel
If you want a bang for the buck deal and something that can fit skis that are up to 200 cm in length, then Athletico is the ski bag for you. Not only that, but it also comes with a free boot bag.
The material is crafted from 600D polyester. It is also water-resistant and can keep your skis safe from the elements. It also features padded carrying handles to add comfort when traveling.
The price starts at $29.99 for the Athletico Two-Piece Combo.
- adjustable - ski bag has a 3/4 length zipper and holds up to 200 cm skis; one end can fold to secure shorter skis.
- convenient -boot bag holds a single pair of ski boots up to size 13.
- durable -water-resistant fabric. self-repairing nylon coil zippers.
The High Sierra Ski Bag features an adjustable length zipper and could expand to accommodate skis of up to 200 centimeters. It also has water-resistant fabric and is durable with self-repairing coil zippers.
It also comes with a boot bag that can carry up to a size 13. The price starts at $27.83 for the High Sierra Ski Bag.
- fully padded throughout - this ski bag features padding throughout to protect your skis and ski equipment while traveling by car, train or plane.
- built to last - crafted of 600 denier water resistant polyester to keep your skis and ski gear safe from the elements
- ergonomical & easy to carry - padded carrying handles to make your ski luggage easy to carry through the airport, to your car, and up to the slopes when you travel
This padded ski bag has a 600D polyester surface and is waterproof. It is fully padded, which adds protection to your skis while traveling.
It has an ergonomic design and is very easy to carry. It also features padded handles, which adds comfort when you are carrying your bag.
The price starts at $49.99 for the Athletico Mogul Ski Bag. It also comes with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- padded ski bag that fits a single pair of alpine skis or two pairs of nordic skis up to 192 cm in length plus poles
- dedicated internal pole compartment for added protection
- stay organized with two removable padded, cinch-top sleeves
The Thule Roundtrip Ski Bag is a padded ski bag that can fit two nordic skis pairs and one pair of alpine skis. The maximum length for this bag is 192 cm.
It has a dedicated pole compartment, which adds protection for your equipment. The bag also features internal straps that hold the gear in place while inside the bag. The price for the Thule Roundtrip starts at $102.95.
- premium bag - this is our top of the line wheeled travel bag. designed by skiers who actually ride. details make the difference!
- wheeled padded ski travel bag - complete 360 degree padded protection! 600d ripstop pvc coated polyester is water resistant, super tough, and keeps your gear organized and protected.
- sized to fit - holds 1 or 2 pair of skis. don't lug around a floppy bag way bigger than your skis. clean packing is happy travelling! bag is 31 cm wide, 18 cm tall, and fits skis up to 180 cm.
If you are opting for a premium top of the line ski bag, then this bag is for you. This bag is complete with 360-degree padding and is made out of 600D ripstop polyester. It is not only waterproof, but it is also rip-proof.
It comes with wheels, which make it more convenient and can carry up to two pairs of skis. This bag can fit skis with lengths up to 180 cm.
The price for the Element Equipment Ski Bag starts at $129.95, 100% guaranteed.
1. Ski Sleeves
Ski sleeves are ski bags that offer minimal protection. It is built from a lighter material. This type of bag can come in hand during short trips.
2. Bag Size
Ski bags have different capacities. Some bags can carry up to two pairs of skis without sacrificing convenience. So if you are one that carries more than one ski pair, then this is one aspect that you must consider.
3. Wheeled Ski Bags
Many premium ski bags have wheels installed on them. This makes it easier to drag around when traveling especially when going through airport security checks.
4. Travel Cases
Technically, these are not your usual ski bags, but tard cases are built to carry skis. They provide the ultimate protection from many elements.
Always what material your ski bag of choice is made of. Most of them are made out of nylon or polyethylene. Both materials have different ratings. Choose the ones that offer maximum protection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Always prioritize size and fit. So basically, your skis must fit in your bag snugly to avoid them from moving around too much. Aside from this, look at the padding, material, whether it is a soft or hard case, and other safety features.
You can refer to our buying guide above for added information.
Bigger ski bags allows users to pack extra items into their bag like gloves, clothes, and outerwear. Many skiers opt to travel with only their ski bag and a backpack in hand. Fitting your clothes with your skis also provides additional protection for your equipment.
No. But many airlines would ask you to check your ski bags as sports equipment. Normally they would charge extra for this service. But if you are confident that your ski bag provides ample protection, then checking them normally is okay.
This depends on your luggage setup. Normally they come in separate bags, so they have to be counted separately.
Packing skis are pretty straightforward. You only need to strap them in snugly. What we don’t want is for the skis to move around too much inside the bag.
Choosing your luggage setup is a matter of preference, but you should refer to our buying guide when you want to check the bag’s quality. For me, fully padded ski bags are the way to go.
They may come as a bit heavier, but it does provide more protection for our equipment. Safety and convenience should be the priority when choosing the right luggage for our equipment.