Sipping on a glass of sparkling and refreshing water with crystal clear ice cubes: a tonic for our thirst. A reverse osmosis filtration system can bring you purified water free of contaminants for better-tasting water. Those clear ice cubes everyone loves? Reverse osmosis filters are the creators of the clearest ice cubes.
5 Best-Selling Reverse Osmosis Ice Maker Kits
Table of Contents
- 1. Blue-Colored Reverse Osmosis Ice Maker Kit for ¼” Systems
- 2. DIY Ice Maker Kit for RO Systems
- 3. Fridge Water Connector and Ice Maker Kit for RO Systems
- 4. Ice Maker and Humidifier-Compatible Installation Kit for ¼” RO Systems
- 5. Upgraded Ice Maker Kit for RO Filtration Systems
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
We know that reverse osmosis is a water filtration method – and by adding a simple ice maker kit we can produce cleaner, clearer, and better-tasting ice cubes. These ice cubes are harder to the touch and take longer to melt, making them ideal for your cocktails and thirst-quenching drinks in our summers. Reverse osmosis ice maker kits connect to your refrigerator’s ice maker with a few tubes and connectors quickly.
We’ll show you just what these reverse osmosis ice maker kits can do for you, which ones are the best to buy and why answer your burning questions about reverse osmosis and ice-making, and highlight the best kits we have discovered for you to shop.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Reverse Osmosis Ice Maker Kits
- connects ro systems to refrigerator ice makers for ultrapure water superior to fridge filters
- njoy clear, sparkling & delicious ice cubes and ro water at your fridge dispenser
- includes 16-feet length of 1/4 inch tubing od, 1 quick-connect t fitting & 1 quick-connect shut-off ball valve
This reverse osmosis (RO) ice maker kit connects your RO system to your refrigerator to make clear ice cubes. It includes 16-feet of ¼” tubing, a quick-connect “T” fitting, and a quick-connect shut-off ball valve. This is a no-tools assembly and installation ice maker kit, thanks to the Malida connectors. All components of this kit meet the NSF 61 health and safety standards for use as food-grade products.
- compatibility: compatible with water filter system or reverse osmosis with 1/4" or 3/8" plastic water line.
- application: provides pure water from your ro system or water filtration system to your ice makers, refrigerators, water coolers, fridge dispensers and more.
- easy installation: push-in quick connect fittings offer easy diy installation with no tools required.
Compatible with both ¼” and 3/8” reverse osmosis (RO) water filtration systems, this ice maker kit is not only easy to install but make it a fuss-free alternative to the other systems in terms of connectors and valves required to match. All tubing and connector fittings are NSF-certified for homes and kitchens for health and safety standards. This ice maker kit is also a no-tools assembly system featuring new-generation non-locking clip technology for straightforward home DIY installation. The kit includes 17’ of NSF-certified tubing, a ¼” to ¼” quick-connect in-line shut-off valve, a compression fitting nut, a ¼” “tee” fitting and a 3/8” “tee” fitting, a professional tube cutter tool, and a roll of Teflon tape.
- connects any water filtration system (including reverse osmosis systems) to the ice maker or water dispenser of your fridge
- delivers crystal clear ice cubes and great tasting ro water to your fridge, superior to inline fridge filters
- kit includes everything you need for the installation - 20 feet 1/4" tubing, a 1/4" x 1/4" x 1/4" "t" valve, an inline 1/4" x 1/4" shut off valve, and a compression fitting set. tested by independent third-party to meet nsf/ansi standards
This reverse osmosis ice maker kit is compatible with all reverse osmosis water filtration systems and standalone ice makers, water dispensers and refrigerators. The kit includes 20’ of tubing, a ¼” connector, a “tee” valve, an inline ¼” shut-ff valve, and a compression fitting set. It manufactures all components to meet ANSI Standards and are also NSF-certified for homes for food-grade use. The plastics are also BPA-free. Connecting the kit inline to your refrigerator and RO system is simple thanks to quick-connect fittings for DIY installation with no tools.
- functionality: this ice maker and humidifier installation kit will provide you with clear and sparkling ice cubes and drinking water at your refrigerator by routing purified water from your existing water filter system.
- compatibility: supply pure water from your water filtration system to your refrigerator, water coolers dispenser, and humidifiers using our ice maker and humidifier installation kit.
- inclusion: complete set of 1/4-inch x 25ft polyethylene tubing that is durable and will not corrode. includes self-piercing saddle valve and fitting.
With this ice maker kit, you’re not only able to connect from your reverse osmosis water filtration setup to your refrigerator, but you can install it to water coolers and dispensers, and humidifiers. This complete set features brass fittings and connectors with poly tubing. The polyethylene tubing is 25’ with ¼” fittings. It also includes a self-piercing saddle valve and fitting. This ice maker kit requires tools to complete the installation. The upside of the brass fittings is that this ice maker kit comes with a lifetime warranty.
- straight valve - ¼” x ¼” quick connect
- 1/4” (quarter inch) pe tubing for ro system 15 ft
- union tee - ¼” od x ¼” od x ¼” od
Your reverse osmosis (RO) water filtration system is a carefully balanced setup. This ice maker kit fits in perfectly with your system to upgrade it with an easy-to-install ice maker feature. It comprises 15’ of food-grade materials, an inline ball valve, a “tee” connector, and a union connector all with ¼” quick-connect size compatibility for no-tools installation. They make all components from polyethylene to deliver clean water to your refrigerator for the best ice cubes.
An ice maker kit for reverse osmosis filters is many on the shopping websites. They all look pretty much the same and they all perform in pretty much similar ways, but what is it you need to look out for when shopping for a reverse osmosis ice maker kit to ensure your filtration system and ice maker produce the cleanest and clearest ice cubes? In this section, we’ll show you what to look out for.
1. Health and Safety
First, ensure that your reverse osmosis ice maker kit’s products and fittings are made from non-toxic materials. On the packaging, look for NSF markings: NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) certifies products that meet strict public health and safety standards. If an ice maker kit doesn’t carry the NSF markings and certifications, you can also search out for “Food-Grade” descriptions for the very minimum health and safety standards. You don’t want to go to all the trouble of purifying your water only for it to feed through sub-standard tubing into your refrigerator and ice maker to reduce the quality of your ice cubes.
2. Tubing Connections
The standard connection sizes for refrigerators and ice makers are ¼” and 3/8” tube diameters. Read your refrigerator or ice maker’s owner’s manual to check which size tubing is correct for you to fit.
3. Shut-Off Ball Valve
Your ice maker kit will come with a few connectors, tubing, and clips. What you should look for is a shut-off ball valve: this will prevent your refrigerator and ice maker from overflowing with water. Kits’ are made with plastic or brass fittings for durability and longevity.
4. Quick Connect Fittings
Frequently Asked Questions
No. It only adds additional tubing to the water filtration system, and the water pressure remains the same in the system.
Yes. They are as clean as purified as the drinking, potable RO water. It takes cleaner and is healthier to consume.
No. Everything required for the ice maker is included in the kits, and it requires no other parts to make clear ice cubes.
No, your RO system remains as is, and they require no alterations.
You only need to perform regular maintenance: clean and change filters once a year, according to their instructions. There’s nothing else required for making ice cubes.
If you’ve thought of buying and installing a reverse osmosis ice maker kit, you already know why these are so popular. Sipping ice-cold RO (reverse osmosis) water and ice cubes make any drink that much more pleasant. Keeping an eye out for the best quality products and materials will make the results of the crystal-clear ice cubes even more enjoyable.