When layering for skiing, your outer layer is formed by using a ski jacket. These are unlike regular jackets as they feature properties to help you stay warm and dry on the ski slopes whether you’re a pro or a novice that’s biting snow at every turn as you learn this great sport.
5 Best-Selling Best Gore-Tex Ski Jackets
FROGG TOGGS Mens Standard Poncho, Carbon Black, OS
- ultra-lite2 rain poncho includes a packable, waterproof poncho
- made with frogg toggs breathable, non-woven fabric that is waterproof, wind-resistant, and lightweight
- poncho features an adjustable hood with cord locks and side snaps for extra protection
- stuff sack included for easy toting
- perfect for rain emergencies, sports sidelines or outdoor adventures
Premium Boat Scuff Erasers Boat Cleaner Hull Supplies & Gadgets For Men & Women
- removes marks & dirt: our premium original boat eraser cleaner quickly removes dirt, grime, grease, salt, mud & scuffs from the deck, console, hull & seats of your boat. they lift away marks from shoes, fishing poles, nets, tackle boxes and coolers.
- no harsh corrosive chemicals: effortlessly and magically cleaning marks from the interior & exterior of your boat. simply add water, squeeze to activate, and wipe away dirt and stains. these sponges do not contain bleach or other harsh chemicals.
- safe on lots of surfaces: this perfect cool boating gift or accessories is safe and a perfect addition to your boat maintenance supplies pontoon or sail boat. safe on fiberglass, leather, vinyl, plastic, aluminum, gelcoat & metal surfaces.
- reinforced core for durability: extra thick sponges offer a reinforced core making them an essential boat accessory & gift. erase away with a textured surface without soap erasing dirt from sinks, toilets, countertops, showers, walls, bath & more.
- why choose better boat products: we are a family owned american business committed to making premium quality products and our customers happy. the original makers of the boat eraser, we stand behind the quality of our products and support.
Airhead Youth GNAR KwikDry Multi-color 10074-03-B
- uscg approved – this personal flotation device meets uscg requirements for a type iii life jacket. closed sides, buckle and zipper closures built for secure fit for water sports enthusiasts where large range of motion is key. the light, segmented, hinged design allows freedom of movement in all directions
- comfort - less bulky design for use when quick response is likely, offers a larger range of motion making it a favorite for water activities. closed sides, zipper, and double buckle closure keep life jacket securely in place, kwik dry neolite remains comfortable against the skin for all day wear
- material - durable, quick-drying, and super soft. this fabric stays comfortable against your skin. quick dry neolite is designed to wick away moisture and feel light and airy for a full day of boating, tubing, floating, jetting, paddling and play
- sizing – this life jacket follows the sizing determined by the usgc and is designed to fit adults that weigh over 90 pounds. the youth size is for children 50-90 pounds. for your convenience, please know that the neolite life jackets may feel snug or run a little small. if you are unsure or in between sizes, we would recommend choosing the larger size
- family fun since 1991 – the airhead sports group is a family of watersports, wintersports, and leisure brands focused on creating quality fun promoting products. our brands encourage kids and adults to get outdoors, be active, and, most importantly have fun
Juvale 20Pack Bulk Disposable For Rain And Water Protection, One Size Fits All
- clear rain ponchos for adults: stock up for the rainy season with our transparent travel rain ponchos so you are always prepared for a sudden rainstorm or flash flood
- multi-purpose: each disposable adult rain poncho is great for survival and emergency kits, festivals, camping, hiking, sports events, amusement parks, marathons, or to store in your home or car
- durable material: each of the waterproof rain ponchos for adults disposable is made with virtually water-resistant plastic that is lightweight, portable, and easy to store
- pocket-size: our pocket size, reusable emergency poncho comes individually wrapped, and measure 50 x 50 inches when unfolded for use; store them in backpacks, pockets, and tote bags
- poncho family pack: you will receive 20 clear ponchos with hoods in this ponchos family pack, so you can always keep some on hand when out with your family or friends; one-size-fits-most adults
Columbia Youth Boys Glennaker Jacket, Black, Medium
- waterproof jacket: crafted from a waterproof nylon shell durable enough to withstand anything from drizzle to downpour at a moment's notice
- lightweight rain shell: crafted from our hydroplus 100% nylon taffeta shell, this youth rain jacket is lightweight while remaining protective. it's the perfect layering piece as well as the perfect first line of defense for rainy day adventures
- hooded shelter: a versatile coat with versatile protection. better to have a hood than not, extending outdoor time where he can pull the hood up, or throw it back with any surprise rain burst
- handy features: this rain coat incorporates two hand pockets, elastic cuffs, and reflective detail for added peace of mind
- built to last: columbia’s attention to detail is what sets their apparel apart. specifying only the highest quality materials, expert stitching and craftsmanship. this is a long-lasting garment they will enjoy all season long
Table of Contents
- 1. Gore-Tex Shell Ski Jacket with RECCO Avalanche Rescue Reflector
- 2. Insulated Gore-Tex Ski Jacket
- 3. Full-Zip Hooded Gore-Tex Ski Jacket
- 4. Women’s Gore-Tex Ski Jacket with Thermolite Insulation
- 5. Gore-Tex Shell Ski Jacket with Gore-Seam Water-Protection
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
We’ll show you the things you need to consider when shopping for a new Gore-Tex ski jackets as well as the 5 best Gore-Tex ski jackets for your money.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Best Gore-Tex Ski Jackets
1. Gore-Tex Shell Ski Jacket with RECCO Avalanche Rescue Reflector
No products found.
This is a shell ski jacket with a 2-layer Gore-Tex material construction made of 100 percent recycled polyester. It has a helmet-compatible hood, a zip-off snow skirt, zipper armpit ventilation, snow cuffs, a chin guard, and an internal mesh pocket to make it perfect for your snow-bound adventures while skiing. This shell jacket’s outer is PFC-free for excellent water-repellent action to keep you dry no matter what happens on your ski runs. The RECCO Avalanche Rescue Reflector works by bouncing back a signal to mountain rescuers in the case you might be lost in the snow. This shell ski jacket weighs 1.52 lbs.
2. Insulated Gore-Tex Ski Jacket
Spyder Active Sports Mens Ski Jacket, Black, Medium
- stretch polyester plain weave 2l with gore-tex laminate and pfcecfree dwr
- primaloft silver eco insulation (100g)
- fixed helmet compatible hood for added warmth from the elements
- pre-order item only. item will be shipped on or around 11/01/2019
- 5% of all the sales go directly to the u.s. ski team
Offered by Spyder, this Gore-Tex ski jacket is the same that the U.S. Ski Team uses. That will already tell you that this jacket is designed for all sorts of mountain and ski activities to make it a versatile and comprehensive partner on your skiing holidays. It is created with a stretch polyester plain weave with a 2-layer Gore-Tex laminate covering that’s PFC-free for excellent water-repelling properties. Inside is a PrimaLoft Silver Eco insulation (100g) to keep you warm, while the hood is helmet-compatible too. It features snow cuffs and a snow skirt for added protection from the elements while skiing. This jacket weighs 1 lb.
3. Full-Zip Hooded Gore-Tex Ski Jacket
Spyder Womens Schatzi GoreTex Winter Coat, 2, Bryte Bubblegum
- fit: slim
- waterproofing: 9 of 10
- warmth: 5 of 10
- insulation type: primaloft
- length (inches): 31
Designed for women, this Gore-Tex ski jacket is offered by Spyder. It is made from a stretch polyester plain weave with a 2-layer Gore-Tex laminated covering with a wool-like nylon inner, and a PrimaLoft Silver Eco insulation (80g) for added comfort and warmth. The hood is helmet-compatible and also removable for added convenience, while this jacket also boasts a snow skirt and snow cuffs. An internal zippered pocket, a mesh goggle pocket, and a chamois lens wipe make it easy to reach and store your valuables. This jacket also has zippered armpit ventilation areas. It weighs 1.54 lbs.
4. Women’s Gore-Tex Ski Jacket with Thermolite Insulation
Burton Womens GoreTex Balsam True Penny, Medium
- regular fit is just right: not too tight or too baggy
- gore-tex two-layer fabric is windproof, waterproof, breathable, and durable; gore-tex fabric is guaranteed to keep you dry
- living lining helps regulate your temperature; low-bulk thermolite [80g] insulation traps warm air and uses a large surface area to boost moisture evaporation
- contour drop hood is helmet compatible, features front and rear adjustment; interior mesh dump pockets, zippered chest pocket with therma-pocket inside to keep your device warm, zippered hand-warmer pockets, zippered sleeve pass pocket for warmth, storage
- bluesign approved for a reduced impact on both people and the environment; lifetime warranty
This ski jacket is not only stylish, but it is made with a two-layer Gore-Tex outer with a Thermolite insulation (80g) with a wool-like fabric to keep you warm and dry on the ski slopes. It features a contour-drop hood that is helmet-compatible too. Made by Burton, this ski jacket is designed with a regular fit in mind for women that is not too baggy and not too tight. It also sports interior zippered pouches and pockets, with zippered hand-warmer pockets and zippered sleeve-pass pockets.
5. Gore-Tex Shell Ski Jacket with Gore-Seam Water-Protection
Burton Mens GoreTex Radial Bog Heather, Large
- regular fit is just right: not too tight or too baggy; waterproof two-layer gore-tex fabric construction built to keep you dry
- living lining helps regulate your temperature; thermolite insulation provides high-performance warmth and dryness
- attached contour hood is helmet compatible and features front and rear adjustment; fully-taped seams with gore-seam seals out water
- ergonomic water-repellent waist gaiter with jacket-to-pant interface; two-way center front zipper
- mesh-lined, no-snag pit zip ventilation; zippered media and goggle pocket and mesh interior dump pocket for storage
For those seeking a slightly longer ski jacket, this one by Burton offers a regular fit to not be too baggy nor too tight. It is made of the 2-layer Gore-Tex material to keep you dry and the seams are fully-taped with Gore-Seam to offer 100 percent waterproof comfort. A contoured hood is helmet-compatible and it can be adjusted front and rear for the perfect cover and chin protection. A snow skirt is also included with a two-way front zipper for added adjustability and comfort. There are armpit zip ventilation areas and zippered pockets for the hands as well as for your smartphone on the chest. Inside is a Thermolite insulation layer with moisture-wicking properties too. It has a mesh-lined inner with a goggle and meshes dump pocket for storage. It weighs 2.25 lbs.
Your Gore-Tex ski jacket is, quite simply, an expensive item to initially purchase but a great one will last for many winter and ski sessions. Aim for your Gore-Tex ski jacket to have as many of these following features to get the best Gore-Tex ski jacket for your hard-earned money:
1. Buy the right types of Gore-Tex ski jacket
You’ll find that there are 3 general types of Gore-Tex ski jacket designs and they each suit a specific purpose: Insulated ski jacket; shell ski jacket; 3-in-1 ski jacket.
• Insulated Ski Jackets are intended for extremely cold conditions. If you’re looking to ski above tree lines in the much colder environments such as in the Pacific Northwest regions, an insulated jacket will help to keep you warm and comfortable.
• Shell Ski Jackets have no insulation for added warmth and protection, but when you’re laying for leisure skiing your base and mid-layer of clothing will provide sufficient warmth while the shell jacket will add a waterproof layer to keep you dry too.
• 3-in-1 Ski Jackets offer a blend of the above 2 jacket types with an outer shell that sports a zippable insulation inner layer that you can add or remove depending on your comfort levels and the outside temperatures. This type is versatile for those that might do a variety of skiing types on a given ski holiday.
All Gore-Tex layers are by default waterproof. This provides a vital element to your skiing as it can help you to withstand the cold a bit longer and keep you dry for longer. No matter how many times you fall down, you will remain dry and warm on the inside of your ski jacket.
• Zip pockets on the inside and outside of the ski jackets are a must-have. Sliding something into a pocket without a zip – such as an open pocket or one with a snappable cover – won’t be able to retain them should you fall into the snow.
• Snow skirt is an internal and removable gaiter that helps to prevent snow from going up your jacket or down your pants in the event of a tumble into the snow. It attaches to the hem of the jacket and is tightened with a drawstring to your comfort levels.
• Snow cuffs can serve as another layer for your gloves. These slide under your gloves from your sleeve, thereby providing a seal for snow, ice, and water to not be able to slide up your jacket’s sleeve when you fall into the snow and.
• Hoods are great for ski jackets. Make sure your ski jacket has a hood that is helmet-compatible to slide over your helmet to keep it warm and dry.
• Ventilation: Most ski jackets feature ventilation areas around the armpit. With zippers in place, you can adjust the amount of ventilation you allow to enter and exit from the jacket to help you better regulate your body’s temperature. It is especially handy for when you’re resting at the base camp after a fairly heavy and cardiac-intensive run down the mountain on your skis.
You might be interested in our guide about The Best Ice Melt Storage Container.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. What they do is keep you dry. Some Gore-Tex jackets feature insulation to keep you warm.
They have a lifespan of 5 years if worn throughout winters. With occasional wear and proper maintenance, they can last as long as 15 years.
A: Yes. However, it is as simple as a wash and dry for the material to restore its waterproofness.
You need to wash it every 10 days of wear.
Is Gore-Tex breathable?
Yes, Gore-Tex is very breathable thanks to its construction: it is designed to allow microscopic water vapor out of the jacket and prevent water from entering.
Your Gore-Tex ski jacket plays a critical role in your layering for skiing. It is the outer layer that protects your body from the harsh elements around it to make your skiing sessions more fun, more comfortable and safer. With the right Gore-Tex ski jackets, your time in the mountains and skiing will be far more pleasant. Remember to check for waterproof, buy a ski jacket that suits your type of skiing and make sure it has all the best features to keep you dry and warm no matter how many times you tumble while skiing.