If you like getting that extra amount of sleep even while camping, then getting a blackout tent is the way to go. It provides the needed darkness even when under direct sunlight, but it also reduces the effects of heat and preserves the tent’s coolness.
5 Best-Selling Blackout Camping Tent
Table of Contents
- 1. Ozark Trail Cabin Tent
- 2. BFULL Pop-Up Tent
- 3. The Blackout Coleman Tent
- 4. Reambeam Camping Tent
- 5. Coleman Dome Tent with Dark Room Technology
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Blackout tents also provide the necessary privacy that one needs while out on camping.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Blackout Camping Tent
1. Ozark Trail Cabin Tent
Ozark Trail 14 X Tent, Sleeps 10
- this family cabin tent is able to fit on for 2 queen-sized air beds, enough space is available to spreads for arms and legs to enjoy the comfortable experience of camping and outdoor.
- we have designed this to reduce the unwanted luggage's in travelling because from one of tents provides available space for 10 to sleeps.
- this included with a divider in order to live separatly as 2-rooms where you can use one as a living space and other as the sleeping space.
- durable 68d coated polyester fabric for lasting rain protection and also fully taped factory-sealed seams provide dry zone camping with leak protection
- our brand is unique from included items such as rain fly, carry bag, gear loft, tent stakes and electrical cord access.
If you and your family are fond of camping out in the woods, then the Ozark Trail family cabin tent is for you. This spacious cabin tent can fit two queen-sized beds. It has enough space for the campers to have the most comfortable camping experience.
It is coated with durable 68D polyester and offers a blackout feature. It also has a divider which can split the cabin into two rooms.
Prices start for this tent at $187.00.
2. BFULL Pop-Up Tent
No products found.
The BFULL Instant Pop Up Tent can fit 2-3 persons. It is a dome type shelter and boasts adequate blackout protection from the sun.
It is lightweight and can easily be popped or folded thanks to its automatic hydraulic system. If you are an outdoor person who doesn’t need the technicalities of setting up a tent, then this one is for you.
It’s made out of 210T polyester and has fire retarding features. Price starts at $86.99 for this brand of camping gear.
3. The Blackout Coleman Tent
Coleman Tent The Blackout Tent, 100% Waterproof With Sewn In Groundsheet
- one xxl black out bedroom: with 99% of daylight being blocked out from the bedroom you will be sure to get a great night's sleep and not wake with the first light; up to 5°c cooler during the day
- lightweight, sturdy and easy to pitch camping dome tent: fits 3 person; highly flexible and lightweight fiberglass poles guarantee a good response to wind
- large storage area: spacious enough for storing gear or muddy boots; features pvc windows with covers, offering the ultimate balance of light and privacy; door for easy access
- 100% waterproof & uv guard: 4500mm hh combined with taped seams and fully sewn-in groundsheet will keep you dry, whatever the weather; providing high spf 50 protection from the sun's rays
- pitch inner first: set up size: 3.25 x 1.85 x 1.2 m (lxwxh); 1 bedroom: 3.8m² + storage area: 1.7m² = 5.5 m² total; pack size: 58 x 16 x 16 cm (5.1kg); tent pegs included
This tent was engineered with the festival goer in mind. It boasts the capability of blocking out 99% of daylight. It also has an extension that provides ample storage for a camper’s outdoor gear.
It is lightweight, sturdy, and can easily fit three adults. Its poles are made from a lightweight fiberglass material that responds well to high winds. It is 100% waterproof and offers SPF 50 UV protection.
The price starts at $231.88 for a brand new Coleman Blackout tent.
4. Reambeam Camping Tent
Pop Up Tent 2 Tent - Extra Dark Interior 2 Person Tent …
- darkness camping tent: the outside of the tent is made of 190t pu2000mm blackout fabric and glue, and the inside of the tent is made of 170t black breathable cloth. 99% darkness even in broad daylight. you can do whatever you want to do in the tent.
- unique double layer - prevent condensation: this camping tents special designed with double layer, which can effectively prevent condensation. there is a gap between the inner and outer layer, become a ground vents which can offer additional ventilation to keep you cool on the warm spring and summer evening.
- easy setup with samller package: this quick setup tent with pre-assembled poles sets up in seconds. no need to fumble with tent poles, or bother with complicated instructions. tent comes in a portable smaller carrying bag. size only 68*3*68cm/ 26.7*1.2*26.7inch, easy to carry.
- waterproof and durability: tested under a shower at 200 mm water/hour/m² (tropical rain) and field tests. withstands 50 km/h winds (force 6): validated in a wind tunnel on a turntable.
- lifetime warranty: you can enjoy our 12 months warranty for replacement service. please feel free to contact us if there is any problem with our pop up tent and we will reply and deal with it within 24 hours.
The Reambeam Pop Up Tents offers automatic darkness features due to its double layers and waterproof build. It is made out of 190T PU2000 mm blackout fabric, and the insides are lined with a 170t breathable black cloth.
It boasts up to 99% darkness even when under broad daylight. It has a unique double-layer build that prevents condensation but provides ample ventilation.
It is easy to set up and can fit up to two adults. The price starts at $95.99 for the Reambeam blackout tent.
5. Coleman Dome Tent with Dark Room Technology
Coleman Carlsbad Dark Room Weatherproof Tent With Easy Setup And Screened-In Porch
- dark room technology: blocks 90% of sunlight (vs. a comparable coleman tent) so you can sleep in past sunrise
- reduces heat: for a more comfortable rest anytime of day
- weatherproof: included rainfly offers extra weather protection; welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; strong frame withstands 35+ mph winds
- stay connected: e-port makes it easy to bring electrical power inside
- conventional pitch: sets up in 15 minutes
This Coleman tent is built with Dark Room Technology. It can block up to 90% of sunlight when compared to other Coleman tents. This Coleman tent is well ventilated and provides the right comfort for any time of the day.
It is sturdy and weatherproof and has a frame that can withstand 35+ mph winds. This tent also has an E-Port capability, which makes it easier to connect with an outside electrical source. This is very convenient for the tech-savvy campers who bring their gadgets anywhere they go.
Its dimensions are 9×7 ft and can easily fit four adults. Prices start at $110.32 depending on the variant and come with a 1-year warranty.
1. Rent It Before Buying It
Many outdoor stores provide this option to their buyers. This lets you experience the gear in the great outdoors before deciding to purchase one for your own.
This is one of the many things that you need to consider. If you are mostly a solo backpacker, you would opt to travel light and purchase tents to fit two. This will also give you ample space for your outdoor gear.
3. Type Of Poles
The build of the poles that hold up your tent is very important. While fiberglass poles are lightweight and quite sturdy, they are also more fragile when compared to aluminum alloy poles. You do not want to break your poles when you experience heavy winds.
4. Build Material, Folded Seams, and Double Stitching
This feature increases the overall waterproof ability of the tent. It also makes the polyester build more sturdy and will not be prone to tears.
Choose also the tent with the most durable build material. This is normally shown on the product specification sheet.
5. Blackout Technology
When all the other criteria fit, check if the tent features blackout technology. This does not only provide ample privacy for the campers, but it also regulates the temperature of your tent.
Tents with blackout technology tend to be cooler, and it provides you comfort even when camping under direct sunlight.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Tents are not fire-resistant, but they are made from fire retardant material. This means that they still burn, but they burn slower when compared to other materials.
Yes. Tents that are made out of material with a rating of 3000 mm has the ability to keep you dry even under heavy rain. This material also keeps condensation away in rough conditions. However, a fabric rated at 2000 mm will also keep you dry most of the time.
A rain fly is a waterproof material that helps to keep the tent from getting wet. It normally extends over the tent and helps to keep the warm temperature inside the tent during cold conditions.
A dark room tent is a tent with blackout capabilities. It is designed to keep the tent dark even when under broad daylight.
Normally blackout tents are cooler when compared to conventional tents. Studies show that it reduces daytime heat by up to 9.5%.
Blackout tents are expensive when compared to normal ones. But its features do come in handy, especially when camping under the heat of the sun.