Camping is best enjoyed during the night. And what better way to accompany that is by having a battery-powered camping lantern.
If you’re looking for the best camping lanterns, then you have come to the right place. Listed below is a curated list of camping lanterns with brands such as Eveready, Vont, and Enbrighten, just to name a few.
Camping lanterns are your ultimate companion for your overnight camping needs.
They are handy, lightweight, easy to use, and provide extra light if you want to seek adventure in the dark. Without further ado, let’s have a look at these camping lanterns.
5 Best-Selling Battery Powered Camping Lanterns
Table of Contents
- 1. Eveready 360-degree LED Camping Lantern
- 2. Vont 2-Pack LED Camping Lantern
- 3. Enbrighten Portable LED Camping Lantern
- 4. Blazin’ Sun 800LM LED Camping Lantern
- 5. Consciot Camping Lantern with 1000LM Brightness
- Buying Guide
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Battery Powered Camping Lanterns
- [eveready power]: includes 2 (two) eveready collapsible camping led lanterns each lantern operates with 3 aa batteries (included), so you have the power and light you need, right out of the box.
- [bright led]: the led lantern provides super bright, white led light as a lantern, or can be used as a flashlight for directional lighting. 360 degress of room, or campsite-filling light!
- [magnet-base and hanging hook]: use the strong magnetic base on these lanterns to mount the light, or simply hang it with the convenient base hook - perfect for hanging in tents!
Eveready is already a household name when it comes to batteries. And it’s surprising that the company also made a camping lantern to expand its product line. Enter the Eveready 360 LED Camping Lantern, a budget-conscious lantern that has everything a camper needs.
This lantern is powered by Eveready batteries, which is included in the package so you can power it up right out of the box. The lantern also has different lighting modes for your convenience. This includes 360-degree lantern mode, directional lighting, SOS mode, and night vision mode.
This device can survive up to 16 hours of continuous usage when in lantern mode. However, that is dumbed down to 9 hours when in flashlight mode. You can also hang this camping lantern anywhere thanks to its durable base hook.
- super bright & long lasting: equipped with 30 crazy bright leds, this compact lantern cuts through 360 degrees of darkness on the stormiest, dimmest nights. easily lights up the entire tent or room. battery life lasts over 90 hours - that is 3x longer than other lanterns in the market.
- compact & lightweight: unique, patented collapsible design that reduces and increases the light as you collapse or expand the lantern. when collapsed it's as small as your phone. easily fits in your backpack or emergency kit. our lanterns are a life-saver in unpredictable situations like hurricanes or a zombie apocalypse.
- waterproof & indestructible: constructed with aircraft grade materials, your lantern is able to survive a 10-foot drop and being temporarily submerged under water. our lantern is the original patented version and has better materials than inferior copies on the market.
If you want something more affordable but has better features, then look no further with this one. The Vont 2-Pack LED Camping Lantern is equipped with 30 bright LED lights that are arranged in a 360-degree manner. Thus, creating luminance at every angle.
It also lasts for over 90 hours of usage that Vont claims to be three times longer compared to average lanterns in the market. When it comes to durability, you can never go wrong with this one. Crafted with aircraft-grade materials, rest assured that this camping lantern can stand a beating.
With this in mind, you might be thinking that the camping lantern is heavy because of the materials used. But this is where you’re wrong. Thanks to its compact design, this camping lantern can fit on your backpack without the added weight.
- 360⁰ bright white led light, 800 lumens on high setting, up to 200 hours of battery life on low setting and 60 foot omnidirectional light range on high setting. option of three light levels ─ low, medium or high
- usb device charging, don’t be caught with a dead phone battery, 1. 0a total output. powered by 6 d batteries (not included) and simple twist function on the bottom of the lantern allows easy access for battery replacement
- durable and impact resistant, ipx4 rated ─ water resistant against rain and splashing water
Want more power? Then we’ll give you more lighting power with the Enbrighten LED Camping Lantern.
This one has a whopping 200 hours of battery life, which is insane for a camping lantern in this price range. It can also reach up to 800 lumens in the highest settings, which is super bright enough to brighten very dark places.
This camping lantern is also rated IPX4 and can survive water splashes and rainfall. But the best part?
Thanks to its dedicated USB port, you can use this one as a power bank for your smartphone. Keep in mind that this may also use power from the batteries and decrease the LED light’s lifespan.
Love customizing? The Enbrighten LED Camping Lantern comes in different color options for you to choose from. You can also attach a hook or a carabiner on the handle so you can hang this camping lantern anywhere you want.
- brightness for storms and blackouts! 800 lumen. patented cob bulbs provide 360 degrees of soft white light, eliminating the dark patches created by old model bulbs. perfect for blackouts, it lights up the entire room so everyone can read, play games or just enjoy family time.
- unbelievable runtime! operates up to 200 hours (4 d not incl). be confident that when you need a storm light the blazin' sun will always shine.
- four power settings! 800, 600, 400 or 200 lumen. power down for those summer evenings sitting outside chatting with friends.
A 200 hours battery life is a standard in camping lanterns in this price range. And the Blazin’ Sun 800LM Camping Lantern is no exception. The dual LED lights create a 360-degree illumination, which is perfect for overnight camping.
For build quality, it uses professional-grade plastic and premium glass for extra durability. However, it’s only splash-resistant. So always keep this camping lanterns away from water at all times. Do keep in mind that it can only survive light rainfall as well.
- super brightness: 360 degree beam angle, gives off up to 1000 lumens of light output, powered by 3*d type batteries (not included).
- 4 lighting modes: mixed light (5000k), high white light (6500k), low white light (6500k), warm light (3000k) are available to meet your different demands.
- reliable- the dark-green frosted removable lampshade can soften the light, protecting the eyes of you and your family.
Looking for a camping lantern that gives you the ultimate brightness? Then say hello to the Consciot Camping Lantern. This one has an inside 1000 lumens of brightness, which is rare in a camping lanterns. This is also accompanied by four different lighting modes too.
This includes mixed-light, high white light, low white light, and warm light modes, which are all designed to cater to different lighting needs depending on the situation. Just like other camping lanterns in this price range, this one is also rated IPX4.
So rest assured that no amount of rain and water splashes will make this camping lantern unusable.
You can also hang these almost anywhere with its customizable handle. Whether you want to attach a hook or a carabiner, you have the freedom to hang it anywhere you want.
1. Weight Matters
Your camping pack is already heavy, to begin with. So make sure that your camping lanterns won’t add to that burden. But fret not because most battery-powered camping lanterns nowadays are built with high-quality materials that are light enough to be carried anywhere.
2. Build Quality
Different camping lanterns come with different build quality. Some are made from plastic, and others are made from aluminum.
Some companies also make their camping lanterns with aircraft-grade materials. But do keep in mind that the price of such is higher compared to normal materials. No matter what you choose, always keep your camping lantern away from harm.
The weather is inevitable sometimes. It might be a sunny day for now, and suddenly, heavy rain will start pouring later on.
That’s why it’s important to buy camping lanterns that have a waterproof rating. This is defined by its IP rating that the manufacturer has implemented. Such an example of waterproof camping lanterns is by having an IPX4 rating.
Simply put, lumens are the measurement of the amount of light you can get from a bulb. The higher the lumens, the better.
Battery-powered camping lanterns come in different lumen settings. High amounts of lumens equal to different lighting modes that the manufacturer can integrate on such battery-powered camping lanterns.
Having the best battery powered camping lanterns is important because this illuminates your night when you’re out in the great outdoors. It also provides better convenience for you and everyone around you because you can have light wherever and whenever you go.