It does not matter if you are just headed to a ski resort, or preparing for a backcountry activity, having the right storage pack is essential. It should be enough to carry all your essentials: water, food, extra layers, emergency equipment, and your gears. This where the backcountry ski backpack comes in, it comes with external carry straps, which you can use to fasten your skis or snowboard.
5 Best-Selling Best Backcountry Ski Backpack
Table of Contents
Some backpacks even have a safety feature, which includes having an emergency airbag in the event of a slide. In this article, we will show you the best ski backpacks you can get on the market.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Best Backcountry Ski Backpack
1. XCMAN Ski and Boot Backpack
XCMAN Ski Boot Backpack Snowboard,Boots,Goggles, Gloves & Accessories
- adventure travel ready – pack a jacket,ski helmet,ski boots,and all your must have gear in this bag for your next outdoor adventure.
- external hanging - ski helmet ,ski boots ,snowboard all of them are bound by external straps or elastic string mesh.there is very easy to use.
- amazing storage – stow-away mesh is hidden in a zippered pocket(convenient mesh flap to secure your helmet) and holds a ski helmet,and stow-away boots straps for binding any size boots,and with a cover.top with 2 zipper pockets for goggles, gloves and your other small accessories.the center section for a jacket, or clothing etc.
- comfort features – this bag include padded backpack straps(contoured adjustable neoprene comfort shoulder straps), four padded lumbar back pads for comfort, and versatile top and front carry handles.
- special features – bottom design with non-slip waterproof material,wear-resisting, and easy to clean.
As the name suggests, the XCMAN is your ultimate adventure travel buddy. You can fit in a jacket, hang your ski boots, ski helmet, and all other essentials into this bag.
It has external hanging mechanisms wherein you can strap your ski helmet, boots, skis, or snowboard. It also has an elastic string mesh that is very easy to use.
The carriage mesh has a stow-away feature, which allows you to zip it up when not in use. Its main storage area is enough to carry an extra jacket and several layers of clothes. The bag has padded straps and is made out of contoured and adjustable neoprene.
The lumbar area also has pads for added comfort. The XCMAN is waterproof and easy to clean.
2. TerraWest Core 22 Ski Backpack
TerraWest Core 22 Ski Installed Dark Night/Blue
- recco reflector installed for maximum safety recco swatch inside with information on how the recco works. 4 main storage compartments. shovel and probe pocket compartment safety zipper diagonal ski carry a-frame ski carry snowboard carry snowshoe carry ice axe & hiking pole carry access to the main compartment through the front and back through the back hydration system compatible insulated hydration tube guides comfortable hip belt with pockets on either side chest strap - safety whi
If you are fond of roughing it out and are always out on adventures, then the TerraWest Core Ski Backpack is for you. It has a Recco Reflector installed in the bag and the necessary instructions on how the gadget works.
The Recco Reflector is a transponder that allows you to be searchable by rescue teams in the event of an avalanche. This gadget is a must-have for every adventurer out there.
The TerraWest Core also has four main storage compartments, which include a shovel and probe compartment. It also features a diagonal carry ski frame, as well as snaps for your snowshoes. It also has a built-in hydration system with an insulated hydration tube.
This bag is loaded with the latest in safety equipment. That is why most backcountry skiers recommend it.
3. Unigear 50L Ski Bag
Unigear Ski Boot Bag Skis, Snowboard & Accessories Gray
- 50l storage capacity: unigear ski boot bag features a thoughtful design, which can go a long way toward making the prospect of getting your gear to the slopes as simple and stress-free as possible. possessing 50 liters of storage capacity, it’s big enough to store boots, helmets, goggles, clothing, valuables, and more. if you have a lot of equipment to store and transport, this bag will surely get the job done.
- individual compartment: this ski boot bag backpack will give you the ultimate protection for your gear. it measures in at 11.8 x 12.6 x 19.7 inches, and is capable of storing us men’s boots up to size 12.5. three individual compartments and some pockets will stay your gear organized. easily attach skis and snowboard by using external adjustable webbing. easy to change boots in any place and keep your feet dry by flipping down back-panel door for using as a standing mat.
- waterproof and durable: strong exterior fabrics use a combination of tarpaulin and 1050d nylon, giving the ski boot bag durable and waterproof qualities that will keep it thriving for long time use. well-padded ski boot bag backpack can protect your fragile items. the bottom of the bag is fully lined with waterproof and low temperature resistant tarpaulin, no worries about snow will soak through.
- soft back panel: possessing a eva padded mesh back panel, it can keep the boots from jabbing you in the back. the padded backpack straps with adjustable system never dig into the shoulders and it manages to stay put against your back regardless of how much you’re moving around, allowing the ski boot bag to be taken from place to place with general ease.
- 365 days 100% satisfaction: ski boot bag backpack makes carrying a clunky, heavy pair of ski boots and other ski gear easier, protecting them during travel, even in a car. if you are not 100% satisfied with this product for any reason, please contact customer service and we will immediately help you to solve the problem.
The Unigear Ski Bag is designed not only to carry your ski boot inside but is also large enough to accommodate all other skiing essentials: jacket, extra layers, goggles, and other valuables. This ski bag features an individual compartment for every essential piece of equipment that you have.
The bag also has an externally adjustable webbing mechanism, which allows you to strap in your skis or snowboard. It also features a back panel door for easy access to your ski boots. The waterproof back panel can also be used as a standing mat when you are changing your boots.
The strong exterior of the bag is due to the 1050D fabric that was used. It gives the ski bag waterproof and durable qualities and is guaranteed to last a very long time. Its well-padded boot compartment helps protect other fragile items that are inside your bag.
Dakine Heli Pro Backpack Ashcroft Camo
- vertical snowboard carry, diagonal ski carry
- fleece lined goggle pocket
- hydration compatible
- non-padded sleeve fits most 15'' laptops
- rescue whistle on sternum strap
4. Dakine Heli Pro
The Dakine Heli Pro backpack is your compact ski backpack. It features a 20L quality, which is just enough to carry your equipment and some essentials.
It has a 15-inch shoulder drop and can carry your ski diagonally and vertically for snowboards. It has a fleece-lined compartment, which makes it perfect for your goggles.
The bag is hydration pack compatible, and you only have to install a water bladder.
5. AUMTISC Ski Backpack
AUMTISC SkiBackpack BootBags Ski Luggage Lightweight Durable Blue
- size of ski bag: 20*13*16 inch, this ski bag is a newly designed outdoor ski bag that will come in handy when you want to further promote your adventure.it can accommodate up to 14 inches of ski boots
- features:two large side boot pockets with ventilation, large top loading central gear compartment,deployable helmet sling,hard bottom with 1680d polyester durable and tarpaulin.
- multi-function storage bag：the rear loading position can conveniently store the ski boots, the top can be placed on the helmet, and the ski goggles and other ski equipment can be placed in the front pocket.
- occasions:our ski boot bag is big enough to hold all the ski-related accessories that you can take with you on your way to the ski trip, whether on the plane or in the car.
- target:ski boot bags are the most comfortable, organized and practical boot bag on the market, providing space for all your ski equipment.we pursue quality and breakthroughs to provide better experience for more snow adventurers.
This backpack is made with a heavy traveler in mind. It is a large capacity backpack which can carry all your essential skiing equipment as well as other accessories.
It is designed to carry your ski boots in an inside compartment but is large enough to accommodate other accessories. The bag is made out of 1680D polyester, which makes it very durable.
Modern ski bags have safety features installed in them. Having a transponder might come in handy in case of emergencies. These bags are not typically expensive, and for a few bucks, it already has safety features when compared to normal ski bags.
2. Capacity and Compartments
Make sure that your bag of choice is enough to carry all of your essentials. Normally when we talk about ski bags, the priority is your ski equipment. But if you are out in the backcountry, it is best to carry other items that you might need on your trip.
3. External Straps
External webbings are very important on a ski bag. This ensures that your skis or snowboard are strapped safely to your bag. You do not want your equipment to fall off your bag when you are in the backcountry area.
The material that the bag is made out of matters. What you would want is for the bag to have the right durability to ensure that it survives the harsh environment. Waterproofing properties are also essential to keep your essentials safe and dry.
Frequently Asked Questions
The size depends on your bag usage. Compact bags are suitable for backcountry skiing because it makes you travel light. But what is important is that all your equipment can be stored in your bag as well as other things that you might need.
Yes. When you want to carry your ski equipment with you, then having a ski bag is very important. If you use ordinary bags, it will only get damaged from the equipment that you store in them.
Yes. Ski bags have different compartments that allow you to separate other items from your fresh clothes.
Skis are normally packed diagonally across your ski bag. It is fastened using straps and another adjustable webbing that your ski bag might have.
When you fly, you would need to store your skis in a separate bag. Only strap your skis on when you are already at the venue.
Finding the right backcountry ski backpack is important when you are going backcountry skiing. You do not only need to focus on what it can carry but also on its safety features.
Having the right bag with you could make a big difference when out in the great outdoors.