The wood pellet fire pit comes with a stainless steel grate, which is used for holding the wood pellets. It is made for easy lighting of the fire pit. The grate sits on top of the ash pan, which is located at the bottom of the fire pit. The ash pan helps in collecting the ashes and also makes cleaning easier.
You can use a traditional newspaper and kindling to start your fire or you can use a lighter to ignite the wood pellets. The paper will help in producing a nice flame, which is good enough to light up your wood pellet fire pit. You can also light up your fire using lighter fluid if you wish to do so. However, it is not recommended as this might leave an unpleasant odor in your backyard.
Wood pellet fire pits, also called smokeless fire pit, are a popular option for those who want to go with a more eco-friendly option. Plus, they’re also a lot easier to light than a traditional wood-burning fireplace or chimney.
However, it can be hard to know just how to get that flame going. After all, you don’t want to break a sweat when you’re sitting around the fire pit with friends! And as anyone who has ever attempted this will know, lighting wood pellets is not as easy as it seems. When you’re ready to put your wood pellet stove to work, it’s not always easy to know how to get it started. While there are some simple solutions, like using a lighter or matches, the best way to give your stove the best chance of success is to use a more thoughtful approach.
If you are looking for an entertainment center, check out this article about the best gas fireplace entertainment center.
We’re going to walk you through the process of lighting your wood pellet stove with a lighter or matches, but if you want to start this process out with some simple steps, check out the steps below:
1. Make sure your stove is as dry as possible.
2. Find a location that’s as level as possible and away from any combustibles.
3. Prepare your area with a fire extinguisher and bucket full of water just in case.
4. Put your stove in place and set it on its legs.
5. Open your loading door and make sure it’s open all the way by lifting up on the door handle.
6. Check your chimney flue and ensure it is open all the way by lifting up on the chimney handle.
7. Open the ash pan door and make sure it’s open all the way by turning the ash pan handle counter-clockwise until you
You might also be interested in our review of the best ice melt for wood.
Step by step guide
- First, you need to find the spot in your fire pit where the pellets are stored.
- Once you’ve found the door that accesses them, open it up and move out of the way.
- Grab a handful of pellets from the pile, then scatter them over the grate on top of the fire pit.
- Now close up that door again!
- Now it’s time to light those pellets with a lighter or match. Just be sure not to set them on fire! But if they do catch on fire, don’t panic! Simply put all your attention on getting them under control by blowing air on the flame or tossing some dirt over it.
It’s as easy as that! Just follow these steps and you’ll be able to start up your own pellet stove without breaking a sweat.
Tools you’ll need
Every project requires a few key tools and supplies. This one is no different. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- A pellet stove with an automatic ignition system
- Matches or a lighter
- Wood pellets
Starting a wood pellet fire pit can be intimidating. It doesn’t always go off without a hitch. However, when you know the right way to do it, starting a wood pellet fire pit is easy! In this article, we’ll show you how to get your fire going from scratch. We’ll walk you through the process of gathering materials, lighting the ring and adding larger pieces for heat and flame. You’ll also learn about safety precautions to take while using your wood pellet fire pit. Finally, we’ll share some safety tips for keeping your family safe while enjoying a warm fire in your outdoor living area this winter season.