When on the ski slopes, keeping warm and dry isn’t only for your comfort but your safety. Comfort, design, style, and function of your winter clothing all play important parts in making your skiing safer and more fun.
5 Best-Selling Ski Pants for Petites
Ski pants for Petites feature the same designs and qualities as other sized ski pants. Choosing ski pants is more than just picking your favorite colors. You must consider several factors such as your budget, how often you’ll go skiing, its waterproof rating, materials, and breathability.
We will show you the features you need to look out for and why you need them, highlight our top choices, and guide you to make the best-informed decision when shopping for ski pants for Petites.
Table of Contents
- Types of Ski Pants
- 1. Insulated Soft Shell Ski Pants with Fleece Lining
- 2. Waterproof Polyester and Nylon Ski Pants for Petites
- 3. Waterproof Insulated Ski Pants for Petites with Ripstop Bottoms
- 4. Ergonomic-Fit Nylon Ski Pants for Women
- 5. Ski Pants for Petites with Gaiters and Zipper Ventilation
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Types of Ski Pants
Different materials used in ski pants affect their waterproofness and even the style of the pants. The 3 most popular types of ski pants are softshell ski pants, hardshell ski pants, and insulated ski pants.
1. Soft Shell Ski Pants
These offer wind protection, highly breathable, and are water-resistant. They usually make it from soft stretch-woven polyester. They offer the most breathability and suited to warmer winter conditions and for highly active skiers.
2. Hard Shell Ski Pants
Taking the water-resistance to its extremes, Hard Shell Ski Pants are fully waterproof thanks to tapered seams that lock out water. They’re suited to skiing in colder climates and for lesser experienced skiers who might take many tumbles while learning this sport.
3. Insulated Ski Pants
These comprise a waterproof outer layer, and an inner insulating layer, perfect for skiing above the treeline and those spending extended periods on the mountain.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Ski Pants for Petites
- 【keep dry and waterproof】the fleece lining pants is soft and paired with a waterproof shell pant to keep dry and comfortable hiking, sledding, or skiing for hours
- 【keep warm and windproof】the surface of the winter hiking pants is woven tightly, forming a tight windproof, maintaining the body warm, let you not fear the cold weather
- 【4 zippered pockets】2 zippered side pockets & 1 zippered leg pocket & 1 back zippered pocket, available for 5",5.5",6.5" mobile phone.
These ski pants for Petites feature a polyester softshell outer layer and a fleece lining. Waterproof, windproof, and with a regular fit, it protects you from the cold and snow to keep you warm and comfortable. Ideal for skiing, these pants feature a 4-way stretch fabric to help you in the mountains. An elastic waist, drawstrings on the leg cuffs, and zippered pockets make these convenient.
- keep warm: the snow pants for woman are made with high-tech materials. 210t polyester taffeta lining, fill with 100 grams high quality insulation to provide excellent heat preservation performance. features 100% polyester surface layer that helps you stay warm and dry all day long. diomand quilting craft prevents internal cotton from moving and make the warm wrap up your entire leg.
- windproof & waterproof: the double layer composite material windproof outer shell designed to prevents the wind from sneaking in and block the cold air. outer layer could resist water entry and equip the inner layers with waterproof coating. the waterproofness both inside and outside makes the snow ski pants as dry as possible and keep you shielded from the snow and rain. even the pockets zippers are waterproof to keep your value safety.
- thoughtful details: the exterior adjustable waist with hook & loop on both sides makes the outdoor ski pants provide precise fitting. pants placket colsure adopts ykk zipper and snap fastener, which has self locking function to avoid the embarrassment and ensures easy on and off wear. adjustable outer leg openings with five ankle snap fasteners and inner elastic pants leg, fit your boots well and keep the wind out. the extra 600d ballistic nylon have an excellent durable preformance.
Constructed with high-quality materials that make these pants waterproof and windproof, these pants have a 100-gram fleece lining to keep your legs warm and dry. It features an exterior adjustable waist, double snap fastener, zippered closures, reinforced seams, and is available in X-S size with a 29” inseam for the perfect fit. The high waist with the D-ring sits higher up your waist to better insulate your body to seal in the warmth. A 600D Ballistic Nylon leg cuff design makes these pants even more durable and wear-resistant in even the most extreme winter conditions.
- alert: true to size : please follow the size examples below***
- (ex: size "x-small" 5'6" ft 105 lbs. - pictured model's measurements.)
- (ex: size "small recommended"- size for 5'4" 127 lbs. *** updated size guide based on customer's comments***
With a 3-layer construction, anti-static fabric, insulation padding, and Duratex Ripstop, these ski pants for Petites combines comfort with durability and style. These pants feature a 6,000 mm waterproof rating, elastic boot gaiters, reinforced leg guards, and windproof layering for long-lasting durability. Zippered pockets and Velcro waistband tabs and eyelets ensure your comfort on the mountainside.
- keeps snow on the slope: the technology in the bugaboo omni-heat pants keeps you dry while providing air circulation. a snap gusset, reinforced hem, and internal gaiter in the legs help to keep snow where it belongs.
- winter-ready women’s pants: embrace fun days in the snow or fresh powder with these ergonomic-fit snow pants for ladies. made with a thermal-reflective lining and synthetic insulation, they are comfortable and cozy.
- comfortable waterproof women’s pants: perfect for winter sports enthusiasts and those who enjoy snowy weather, the columbia women’s bugaboo omni-heat pants are breathable, waterproof, and critically seam-sealed.
These ski pants for Petites are waterproof and breathable to keep you warm and dry no matter the conditions. With clever technology called Omni-Heat, metallic dot patterns reflect your body heat to keep the warmth on the inside. The Omni-Tech outer layer is an air-permeable layer that prevents water and snow from entering your pants. It sports zippered hand pockets, a snappable waistband, and the leg’s cuffs flare to fit over your ski boots.
- plus sizes 1x-6x in regular and short (petite) lengths. regular length 31-32 inches. short (petite) length 29 inches. please note,,,,petite sizing is only length. the pants are the same size as regular sizes, but petite is a shorter length.
- waterproof, breathable. inner leg zipper ventilation. adjustable waist. gaitors in bottoms of pants.
- articulated knees. insulated to retain body heat, but not be bulky. 3 zipper pockets.
These ski pants for petites are waterproof, breathable, and windproof to keep you comfortable on the ski slopes in the coldest winters. With an adjustable waistband for the perfect fit, these are available in petite sizes with a 29” inseam length. They also sport gaiters on the leg cuffs to keep the snow and water from entering your ski pants. There are also 3 zippered pockets to stow your valuables.
When shopping for ski pants for Petites, focus as much on function and comfort as you do on style. What affects your choice of ski pants? The conditions you expect to face when skiing, the type of skiing you will do, and the type of fit you prefer to make your skiing as enjoyable as possible.
To best keep you warm and dry on the mountainside, your ski pants should offer a high level of water resistance. As we’ve mentioned, the various ski pants offer varying levels of protection. For ski pants to be fully waterproof, they need to have a hydrostatic head rating of greater than 1000 mm.
2. Leg Gaiters
Leg gaiters keep snow from entering your ski pants’ openings to help keep your feet and legs warm and dry.
3. Waist Adjusters
Waist adjusters enable you to fasten your pants more securely so that snow won’t be able to enter from the waist should you take a fall in the snow.
Stretch woven polyester ensures your legs have freedom of movement for you while skiing. The ski pants can stretch in high-stress areas such as around your knees and hips when you bend.
5. Breathability and Ventilation
Mesh lining and adjustable ventilation areas allow moisture to move out of the ski pants to help control the temperature.
6. RECCO Rescue Reflection
They integrate RECCO Rescue Reflectors into the inner or outer layer of some ski pants designed to reflect the high-frequency signal of a RECCO detector used by rescuers to locate skiers trapped in the snow.
7. Zippered Pockets
Zippered pockets secure your valuables safely, even if you have fallen through the snow.
Ski pants’ fit is important for comfort. There are 3 fits: slim, regular, and loose. Choosing a fit is a personal preference for comfort and style. Wearers needn’t worry about right or wrong fits in terms of style — the only important things your ski pants need to be are comfortable and to keep you warm and dry.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ill-fitting ski pants won’t be able to protect you from the wind or keep out snow.
Ski pants need to be 4-5 inches longer than your usual pants so they can cover your ski boots.
No. The difference is only in the fit and style.
Yes, every 5-6 weeks. Follow the cleaning instructions to maintain the waterproof qualities of your ski pants.
You should select one size bigger than your regular pants for them to be comfortable while skiing.
You’ll benefit from ski pants that not only comfortable for you but are better secured to your waist and legs to keep out snow to keep you warm and dry.