Looking for a new shampoo? You can try out a different brand, or better yet, an entirely different kind of shampoo--a shampoo bar. Shampoo bars are slowly gaining fame these days as a great alternative to traditional liquid shampoos. And that’s no surprise at all, considering the fact that they smell good, they work just as well as liquid shampoos, and they’re often packaged very beautifully, too! You can also get shampoo bars in both online and physical stores, so if you’re interested in trying them out, don’t worry, because you won’t have a hard time getting your hands on one. However, note that if the water flowing through your faucet or shower is considered as “hard water,” you can’t just buy any shampoo bar.
5 Best-Selling Shampoo Bar for Hard Water
Table of Contents
- 1. J·R·LIGGETT’S All-Natural Shampoo Bar Moisturizing Formula
- 2. Dr. Bronner’s All-One Hemp Baby Unscented Pure-Castile Bar Soap
- 3. Soapbox Coconut Oil Shampoo Bar
- 4. Real Beer Shampoo Bar from Tasmania Australia 100% Natural
- Why Switch to Shampoo Bars?
- On Shampoo Bars and Hard Water
Reviews of Top Rated Shampoo Bar for Hard Water
- clean, healthy, beautiful hair: j.r.liggett’s vegan shampoo bars remove the built-up sebum that can clog and damage hair follicles! used regularly, it promotes a radiant, healthy shine that’s never greasy. you may find you no longer need conditioner.
- ideal: for those with allergies or sensitivities, it's gentle and safe for all hair and skin types! allow the bar to air-dry, each bar is approximately equal to 24ozs of liquid shampoo. a mild clean scent derived from essential oils.
- long-lasting protection: a blend of rich oils like virgin coconut, aloe vera, almond oil, and mango butter it nourishes your hair with antioxidants and vitamins a, b and e. they can rejuvenate dull hair while leaving it clean and manageable.
A lot of shampoo bars available in the market claim to do lots of good things to your hair, but they may not be very nice to your skin. If you are looking for a soap that is gentle, consider getting this all-natural shampoo bar by J.R.LIGGETT’S. It has virgin coconut oil, aloe vera, almond oil, and mango butter, all of which allow you to step out of the shower with moisturized scalp and healthy hair. This shampoo bar also has Vitamins A, B, and E.
This shampoo bar smells a lot like peppermint, and if you leave it on your hair for a while you’ll have a slight tingly sensation. Because of its helpful natural components, it can help with scalp issues. With this shampoo bar, you can ditch your conditioner and still have beautiful hair all day long.
Since it is all-natural, it does not contain any synthetic oils or chemicals, which may be harmful not just for your hair and scalp, but also to the environment. These soaps are hand-cut, cruelty-free, and plastic-free.
- moisturizing lather that won't dry your face, body, or hair: our bar soaps produce a rich lather that won't dry out your skin! dr. bronner's is made with only the purest certified organic oils and will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- made with organic oils that are gentle and effective: we don't add any chelating agents, dyes, whiteners, or synthetic fragrances—only all-natural, vegan ingredients that are gentle, effective, and mild. use on your face, body, or hair!
- no synthetic preservatives, detergents, or foaming agents: our pure-castile bar soap is made with plant-based ingredients you can pronounce—no synthetic preservatives, thickeners, or foaming agents—good for the environment and great for your skin!
Aside from being environment-friendly, all-natural, and economical, shampoo bars are apparently very versatile too. At least, some of them are. If you want to get something that is a shampoo bar and a body soap in one, it would be wise to purchase this product from Dr. Bronner’s.
Not only is this one highly versatile. It does a great job at being a shampoo bar and a body soap, too. This bar is marketed as unscented and gentle, thus making it perfect for people with sensitive skin, but despite that, it lathers really well without drying out your skin. This shampoo bar is free of harsh chemicals and it’s also cruelty-free.
This shampoo also takes the concept of environment-friendly packaging to a different level because aside from using biodegradable substances, the packaging is actually made out of recycled paper waste from landfills.
- made with natural ingredients with a naturally sweet and nutty coconut scent - use daily to moisturize, protect and repair dry damaged hair
- change the world through everyday, quality purchases - your purchase of this solid shampoo bar also donates a bar of soap to someone in need, supporting our mission of soap=hope. track your impact by entering your hope code found on the back of your soap.
- made in the usa, color safe and silicone-free shampoo. cruelty free, vegan and gluten free. free from harsh chemicals including sles, sls, and parabens.
Soapbox is a relatively new brand--they have only been around since 2010--but they make really great shampoo bars. This one, whose main component is coconut oil, is one of their best products. Since it has coconut oil, it has a nice and refreshing coconut scent. The oil--as well as the shea butter--also allows this shampoo bar to lock in moisture, protect your hair, and leave it soft and shiny.
With this shampoo bar, a little goes a long way. It has a rich lather, but don’t worry, because it is also very easy to wash off completely. Once you step out of the bath and your hair has completely dried, you’ll feel that your hair is soft, more manageable, and completely residue-free.
Each shampoo bar comes in a nice little box that is biodegradable, and the best thing about this product is that every time you purchase one bar, another one is donated to someone in need. In other words, Soapbox allows you to have great hair and help someone out at the same time! Isn’t that cool?
- our real beer & honey shampoo bar is a totally concentrated solid shampoo bar for natural hair care & shiny healthy hair! great shampoo bar for men women children & babies
- made from 100% natural leatherwood honey & organic nourishing plant and essential oils - nice ginger cinnamon scent
- new cube shape: a totally concentrated all natural solid shampoo bar = 3 liquid shampoo bottles! travel friendly! sulfate, silicone, paraben, plastic & cruelty free | zero waste - eco sustainable - recycled packaging!
This one is a concentrated shampoo bar that is made from 100% natural leatherwood honey and contains nourishing plant oils and essential oils. To be more specific, it contains organic olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, beeswax, and herbs. It is also completely free of sulfates, silicone, and plastics like most other excellent shampoo bars out there.
This shampoo bar is likely to last a long time, because even with just a few swipes, it forms a nice lather that is more than enough to cover every inch of your scalp and hair. It also smells great, but its scent is not overpowering.
Why Switch to Shampoo Bars?
1. They are mess-free.
Yes, shampoos come in bottles but these bottles are not really leak-proof or spill-proof. This might be a problem if you’re traveling. Before you know it, shampoo might be all over your stuff. With a shampoo bar, you will never have to worry about spills and leaks ever again. Just dry the bar, put it in a container, and you’re good to go!
2. They are relatively nicer to the environment.
Shampoos often contain chemicals that may be harsh not just to your scalp and your hair, but to the environment as well. Luckily, most shampoo bars are made out of natural ingredients, and in addition to that, they usually come in biodegradable packaging. Switching to shampoo bars will definitely help a lot in reducing your plastic waste.
3. They last longer.
Since traditional shampoos are liquid, they contain a higher percentage of water. Shampoo bars, on the other hand, are practically pure soap. Thus, you can use each bar for a longer period of time before buying another one.
On Shampoo Bars and Hard Water
So what is the deal with shampoo bars and hard water, you may ask? As it turns out, water can’t just be either solid or liquid. It can also be soft or hard. To put it simply, water is considered “hard” when it contains many minerals, particularly calcium and magnesium. Now if you’re wondering what sort of water you’re getting from your faucet, don’t worry, you don’t really have to be a chemist to find out. Basically, when you have hard water, it results in limescale buildup in your plumbing systems, which can cause clogging. Hard water may also make you feel sticky after taking a bath.
Once you’re certain that you have hard water and you’re thinking about switching to shampoo bars because of their advantages, note that you can’t just purchase any shampoo bar you find. This is because the minerals in hard water may interact with the molecules in the shampoo bar, which leads to the formation of a substance that cannot easily be dissolved in water. This leaves behind a film-like substance on your hair.
Often, liquid shampoos have an additive to prevent that from happening, but since most shampoo bars are “natural,” they may be less suitable for use with hard water. However, that doesn’t mean you should forget your plan to switch to shampoo bars completely. You just have to pick the right one to purchase.
If you want to be kinder to the environment or if you just want to change your shampoo to something that is more “natural,” switching to shampoo bars is definitely a good idea. Shampoo bars often come in biodegradable packaging, last longer than liquid shampoos in bottles, and most of their components are organic. Without a doubt, they’re great, but if you have hard water flowing through your pipes, it would be a good idea to consider a few things before getting a shampoo bar to make sure you won’t regret making the switch.