The Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
10 Top Rated Robot Vacuum Cleaners
With the improvement in technology, there are many robotic vacuum cleaners out there that really give us a solid pair of helping hands. Here is a list of the 10 top rated robot vacuum cleaners:
Each robotic vacuum cleaner is designed for a particular floor type. Moreover, one vacuum cleaner is better in certain functionality than the other. So, it is not easy to compare them apples-to-apples.
However, we took a look at the best overall performance and general-purpose everyday cleaning satisfaction.
The Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
Our pick for the best robotic vacuum cleaner is – iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum Cleaner.
- ideal for homes with pets. premium 3 stage cleaning system cleans the dirt and pet hair you see and the allergens and dust you don't
- featuring roomba essentials wi fi connected, smart navigation, patented dirt detect technology, edge sweeping brush, auto adjust cleaning head, works on carpets and hard floors
- power lifting suction delivers 10x the air power* for improved pick up performance. automatically increases cleaning performance on carpets with power boost *(compared to roomba 600 series and aerovac system)
iRobot Roomba 980 ships with iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with Visual Localization that enables your Roomba vacuum robot to navigate and clean the whole floor, and not just a room or enclosed area.
And, whenever it’s low on its juice, of course, it automatically goes to it charging base, recharges and resumes cleaning to complete the job.
If you are worried about suction power of cordless vacuums, Roomba 980’s AeroForce Cleaning System with Carpet Boost provides up to 10 times the air power on carpets and rugs – giving your carpet a freshly mowed look and feel.
You can use the iRobot HOME App to clean, schedule & set custom cleaning preferences directly from your smartphone.
iRobot has been making robot vacuums for a while. But it looks like they have finally figured out that no matter how advanced your technology is, if you cannot keep hair and debris out of the way, it will jam the vacuum. Looks like they have learned their lesson and came out with Tangle-free extractors to prevent hair and debris jams. Who knew something so simple could be so helpful.
Online customers see to just love this little robot. Read customer reviews here.
The Next Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
Our pick for the best alternative to Roomba 980 is – Neato XV Signature Pro Pet & Allergy Robot Vacuum Cleaner.
A great alternative to Roomba is Neato XV Signature Pro Pet & Allergy Robot Vacuum Cleaner. It’s much cheaper, looks great, works great and gets the job done.
I usually opt in for “pet and Allergy” cleaners because they are very good at picking up hair and tiny particles from your floor than the “general-purpose” vacuum cleaners. And, if you have any pet in the house, this is a must.
Unlike its competitors, my favorite part about Neato XV-Signature is that it cleans in beautiful – long patterns. Once it’s done, if you have a carpeted floor it will make it look like a freshly mowed lawn.
You can easily schedule XV Signature for daily cleanings or just push a button for spot clean or instant multi-room cleaning.
It comes with magnetic strips that can be used as virtual walls to contain it within a specific area.
- neato boundary markers let you decide where your neato robot can clean and where it should "keep out"
- easily cut the magnetic strip to fit doorways, around pet bowls, thick carpeted top stairs, or anywhere you don't want you neato robot to go
- compatible with neato botvac series, neato botvac d series, neato botvac connected and neato xv series robots.compatible with neato botvac series, neato botvac d series, neato botvac connected and neato xv series robots.
I schedule it for daytime cleaning every other day. It has one of the strongest suction available in a robotic vacuum. I am always pleasantly surprised to come back to a beautifully cleaned home.
Compared to very expensive competitors, this one is a great buy. Very recommended.Buy on
Table of Contents
- The Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner – iRobot Roomba 980
- The Next Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner – Neato XV Signature
- Other Top Rated Robotic Vacuum Cleaners :
Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
iRobot Roomba 880 Vacuum Cleaning Robot or Pets and Allergies
iRobot pretty much led the efforts towards making robotic vacuum cleaner a common household item.
iRobot Roomba 880 is an awesome vacuum cleaner, but is a little bit more expensive than the competition.
It does a fantastic cleaning job, and is very easy to use. It massively reduces the dust load in a home, far more than humans can reasonably do. However, if you are just getting started with Roomba, you will need to frequently empty the dust bin.
Like XV, you can schedule the Roomba to clean house once a day every day of the week or less.
- use in lighthouse mode to contain roomba in one room until the room is completely vacuumed before roomba moves on to the next room
- use in virtual wall mode tp block off limit areas in your home
- only compatible with select roomba 500 series models, roomba 780 and 790 and roomba 880
It comes with virtual walls to help it stay within a certain area. The walls do require additional batteries.
Roomba is very smart with wires, loose clothes and other ‘tangly’ items.
If you’re a programmer or roboticist, you have a 7 pin TTY serial port under the flap on top of the unit.Buy on Online
iRobot Braava 380t Floor Mopping Robot
Braava is my favorite Floor Mopping Robot. It’s whisper quiet and has a very compact shape. It will fit under your couches, tables or whatever it needs and being square it clean corners better than the round iRobots.
The rechargeable battery cleans for up to 3 hours dry sweeping on a single charge, or up to 2 hours wet mopping.
It’s smart enough to know where not to go- Braava’s smart sensors avoid stairs, area rugs and raised transitions to carpet.
Neato XV-21 Pet & Allergy Automatic Vacuum Cleaner
Although Neato XV-21 is an older version of XV Signature, I have owned this for over a year now, and it has worked flawlessly.
It runs for about 40 minutes on a single charge, then goes back to its home base for a recharge.
The high performance suction removes all kinds of dirt and cleans all floors: carpets, rugs, hardwood, laminates, tile, and stone and is great with hair – both of humans and pets.
Absolutely love this vacuum!
iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte Vacuum Cleaner & Floor Mopping Robot
iClebo is a great alternative to more popular (and expensive) robotic vacuum cleaners in the market. It recently won 1st place award at the German Cleaning Robot Performance Test.
It is a two-in-one cleaner that can vacuum and mop at the same time.
It is very efficient and is able to clean most of your house in the time that the iRobot cleaned one room.
iClebo’s navigation works great – the iClebo is amazingly always able to automatically find it’s base no matter at which corner of the house it is.
This will be a great buy if you mostly have hardwood floors.Buy on Online
Neato Botvac D80 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- patented neato technology - the laser smart mapping and navigation system scans and maps the room, plans, and methodically cleans instead of bumping around.
- d-shape design with cornerclever technology gets close to walls and into corners offering maximum hair pickup. picks up more pet hair than other bots;charger voltage : 110v, 220v
- spinflow power clean technology combines potent suction and precision brushes to leave floors immaculately clean. includes easy-to-swap combo & blade brushes offering maximum cleaning. precise edge cleaning side brush makes sure not a speck of dust is left behind.
It’s a high-performance vacuum that is designed to pick up all types of hair, including your pets’. It comes equipped with a combo brush that is uniquely designed to pick up pet hair.
It has 50% larger brush than the previous models, extra large dirt bin and filter, and precise edge cleaning brush to pick up more dirt and debris.
As with Neato’s other vacuums, the patented Neato Technology-LaserSmart Mapping and Navigation system allows this Botvac D80 to scan and map the room, then plan and methodically clean, section by section.
It runs fairly quiet, especially on hard floors like wood and tile.
Botvac D80 goes from one room to another as it cleans. When it needs more juice, the AutoCharge and AutoResume technology allow it automatically go back to the charging base, then returns to where it left off to get the job done.
Infinuvo CleanMate QQ-2 BASIC Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- the automatic cleaning: vacuum, sweep and sterilize 3-in-1 automatic cleaner for cleaning dirt, dust and pet hair on hard floors.only robot cleaner that can vacuum, sweep and santinize all in one step.
- uv sterilization: uv-c sanitizing light kills bacteria, germs, dust mites and allergens while vacuuming the floor. great choice for pet lovers or people with allergies.
- slim design: remove debris, dirt, fine dust and pet hairs from hard to reach places. cliff sensors: detect stairs and drops without falling down.
It’s hard to find a robotic vacuum cleaner that can vacuum, clean as well as sanitize in one step. Infinuvo CleanMate QQ-2 BASIC claims that title – which makes it a real bargain for the price of $123.
It’s ultraviolet light technology disinfects your floor and kills bacteria, germs and allergens as it cleans. This is very helpful for people who have pets in the house or suffer from allergies.
It can easily handle various surfaces including hardwood tile, linoleum and carpet.
Cleanmate QQ-2 can clean up to 80 minutes on a single charge. It does not come with a home charging base (you will use plug-in wall charger) and takes about three hours to charge its battery.
If you are considering purchasing a robot vacuum and price is your issue, Cleanmate QQ-2 is your best alternative.
Read what other buyers have to say about this vacuum cleaner here.
Recommended Articles For You
- 10 Top Rated Robot Vacuum Cleaners
- The Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- iRobot Roomba 980
- The Next Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- Neato XV Signature Pro Pet & Allergy Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Table of Contents
- iRobot Roomba 880
- iRobot Braava 380t
- Neato XV-21
- iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte
- Neato Botvac D80
- Infinuvo CleanMate QQ-2 BASIC