The Best Flying Camera Drone
If you would like a fun, impressive, and quite frankly the coolest “toy” you’ve ever owned, you would pick the DJI Phantom 4 PRO PLUS (PRO+) Drone Quadcopter. It’s stable, easy to control, responsive and smart. The GPS flight control is awesome and makes learning to fly the drone so much easier. It’s the ideal choice for those getting started with aerial cinematography.
- DJI Phantom 4 PRO PLUS (PRO+) Drone Quadcopter
- DJI Mavic PRO Platinum Drone Collapsible Quadcopter
- DJI Mavic Air
- DJI Spark Portable Mini Drone Quadcopter
- Yuneec Typhoon H Pro Hexacopter Carbon Fiber Drone
- DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter Flying Camera Drone
- Note on FCC Regulations
- A Great Alternative: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter
- Other Top Rated Flying Camera Drones
- UDI U818A 6 Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter
- Last Year’s Pick
- Our Previsous Pick for The Best Flying Camera Drone
- you will receive v2.0 phantom 4 pro plus! the phantom 4 pro series is just the most powerful drone in the market, it is equiped with the following unparalleled features:
- you will receive v2.0 phantom 4 pro plus! a 5.5in 1080p touch screen display integrated with the phantom 4 pro plus remote controller which offers 1000 cd/m2 of brightness, more than twice as bright as conventional smart devices (please note, the brightness is variable). also the screen is powered by the remote controller battery, you only need to charge 1 device instead of 2. no need cable plugging either. how simple it is
- you will receive v2.0 phantom 4 pro plus! five directions of obstacle sensing, you really need to be the crashing pro to damage this drone. please note, the side obstacle avoidance is only available in beginner mode and tripod mode
- the mavic pro platinum features a sleek design and compact body that is both powerful and alluring.
- a new and improved 30-minute flight time coupled with 60% noise reduction makes the mavic pro platinum dji's best portable drone yet.
- new foc sinusoidal driver escs and 8331 propellers mean that up to 4 db (60%) of aircraft noise has been lowered during takeoff and landing, and maximum flight time has been extended to 30 minutes, providing a quieter and more enjoyable flight experience.
- 32.0mp sphere panoramas - in addition to horizontal, vertical, and 180° panoramas, mavic air stitches 25 photos together in just eight seconds to create crystal clear 32.0mp sphere panoramas.
- lightweight and compact foldable design - you can take it anywhere with you.
- supports 4k video at 30 fps - the 12.0mp camera with adobe dng raw support is ready to shoot. the three-axis gimbal is capable of stabilizing the camera even during high-speed motion for smooth video and sharp photos.
- 2-axis stabilized gimbal camera; 12mp still photos / 1080p/30 video
- gesture and tapfly control; flightautonomy with obstacle detection
- subject tracking from various angles; gps- & vision position-based navigation
- the typhoon h pro with intel realsense technology, winner of the 2016 consumer electronics show
DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter Flying Camera Drone
The Phantom 3 Professional brings several improvements to already popular DJI Drone series.
Before we get into the details, just to be clear, it comes fully assembled and ready to fly out of the box. It’s one of the easiest drones to fly and even if this is your first time flying, you will be mastering it in no time.
It includes the standard features of any DJI drone -- including GPS navigation with auto takeoffs and auto landings, intelligent high power flight battery, a built-in safety database of no fly zones, etc.
The motors are a bit larger and this is acutally a good thing -- becuase it allows for a more precision control. If you have large enough space, you can fly it indoors, thanks to the new “sonar”-like sensors at the bottom of the drone. These optical and ultrasonic sensors called Vision Positioning allow you to fly indoors precisely without a GPS signal.
A fully stabilized 3-axis 4k UHD video cameral lets you take crystal clear, mind-blowing videos and stunning still photos. The phantom will take off and then hover wherever you leave it allowing you to control the direction of flight or camera easily.
The new generation Lightbridge technology allows you to directly see what the drone sees. You can see the live video feed from the drone as you fly. This full resolution video is simultaneously recorded on the internal micro SD card.
The awesome DJI lightbridge technology and a better camera makes this a great deal . You will be hard pressed to find anything comparable at this price.
Check out what customers who recently bought the phantom 3 have to say by reading the reviews here.
Note on FCC Regulations
Due to safety regulations, DJI has factory-locks in place preventing you to even start the motor if you live within a 15 mile radius of the White House. This includes D.C., most of Prince Georges County, Arlington, Fairfax, Silver Spring, Falls Church and Montgomery County. DJI does not provide this warning before you purchase. Just be aware that if you bought it and live within 15 miles of the White House, you will not be able to fly your Phantom.$1,259 on Online
A Great Alternative: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter
The Phantom 3 Advanced is a great alternative to our top pick, The Phantom 3 Professional.
Everything is practically the same, except for the camera. You still get 1080 HD video camera that takes a very high-quality video and still photos.
If you find that The Phantom 3 Professional is out of stock, or want something a bit cheaper, you cannot go wrong with The Phantom 3 Advanced.
Other Top Rated Flying Camera Drones
Flying Camera Drone Reviews
UDI U818A 2.4GHz 4 CH 6 Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter
Now, if you do not want to spend too much and simply want to get the quadcopter experience with a camera, UDI U818A 2.4GHz 4 CH 6 Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter is a great choice.
The video camera is good but don’t expect high resolution photos. Start in mode 1 to get used to it and then move on to mode 2 for fast and fun flights. Does not perform very well in windy conditions.
It’s on sale now on Online. This is a quick plug-an-play drone that is good both indoors and outdoors.
Our Previous Pick: DJI Phantom FC40
Last Year’s Pick
The DJI Phantom FC40 is a complete quadcopter, pretuned by the factory. Attach the propellers, charge the included battery and you should be good to go. You do need 4 AA batteries to the remote (not included).
Some have complained about the setup and firmware upgrade -- so be sure to religiously follow the instructions and you should have no problems.
Unlike the other models, it comes with an integrated video camera that records a pretty good 720p HD video on a micro SD card.
You will also get a live first-person view (FPV) Wi-Fi streaming of video to the free app for iOS or Android devices. The app for FPV is easy to use and connects to the camera easily.
It features a new 5.8GHz remote control which will not interfere with the 2.4G Wi-Fi when flying.
After some hiccups in the past, they have really made their GPS return-to-home feature reliable -- so that you always have that peace of mind. You do need to activate this feature by downloading software from DJI.
Quick tip: Print out the manual -- it makes using the Phantom a lot easier.
DJI Phantom Aerial UAV Drone Quadcopter
DJI Phantom Aerial UAV Drone Quadcopter is a beautiful drone with new propeller design , two receiver antennas, and the gimbal tilt control on the back of the transmitter.
We were very close to picking this as the best flying camera drone. Because it does not come with an integrated camera, we went with the FC40 -- we want our recommendation to be as hassle-free as possible while getting the desired outcome.
Our Previsous Pick for The Best Flying Camera Drone
- 4k uhd video recording with fully stabilized 3-axis gimbal; vision positioning system allows stable flight indoors
- lightbridge digital streaming allows live viewing of 720p video (full resolution video is simultaneously recorded on the internal microsd card)
- included flight battery and rechargable remote controller means this system is ready to fly out of the box. flying this product is restricted within 15 miles radius of the white house.