A good fitness tracker should serve one need – and one need only – it should slowly guide you towards your goal of fitness. And it should do so excellently. While many fitness trackers in the market can somehow do that, the difference lies in how they do it. After hours of research, we’ve found a fitness tracker that will excel at serving your needs.
10 Best Selling Fitness Tracker
Our pick for the best fitness tracker is Fitbit Flex.
Fitbit Flex is a great motivational tool to help you keep on track with your fitness goals.
It’s beautifully designed and comes with two sets of bands (large and small), a USB charging dongle, a USB syncing nub, and the activity tracker itself.
Flex uses LED lights to show you how you’re stacking up against your daily goal (steps, calories or distance).
- one syncs automatically and wireless to tablets, computers and 150+ leading ios, android and windows smartphones using bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. syncing two computers requires internet connection and usb port. syncing to mobile devices requires bluetooth and internet connection. syncing range: 20 feet. call notifications via bluetooth 4.0
- water resistance: charge has been tested up to 1 atm meaning it is sweat, rain and splash proof. however, the device is not swim proof. we also recommend taking charge off before showering because, as with any wearable device, it’s best for your skin if the band stays dry and clean
- warning: do not use if you have a pacemaker or other internal, or implanted medical device. not intended for use by children under 13. always consult your physician. slippery when wet
- we recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. charge time: one to two hours. battery life: up to 7 - 10 days. battery type: lithium-polymer
- syncs with windows vista and later, mac os x 10.6 and up, iphone 4s and later, ipad 3 gen. and later, and leading android and windows devices
The Fitbit App for iPhone and Android lets you track steps, distance, calories, active minutes, and sleep, and receive goal progress notifications and milestone updates.
The App and the Fitbit website let you Log food consumption, weight, and workout details.
It wirelessly syncs with other Bluetooth, iOS and Android devices giving you real-time access to your stats on the Fitbit dashboard throughout the day. Fitbit is compatible with many other fitness apps such as MyFitnessPal, MapMyFitness, Runkeeper, and Endomondo.
It will be a great companion to hep you towards your fitness goals.
Other Top Rated Fitness Trackers
UP 24 by Jawbone
Editors Note: This product has been discontinued buy the manufacturer. See our list on top of this page for the most recent best selling fitness trackers.
UP 24 is functionally better, of better quality and aesthetically more pleasing than many other fitness trackers in the market.
More importantly, the UP system gets to know you by tracking your activity, diet and sleep. And then it helps you make simple adjustments that, over time, add up to a whole new you.
The food scorer/tracker constantly helps you track what you are eating. Simply by tracking, you become more aware of what you are eating and are inclined to make healthier food choices.
UP 24 intelligently analyzes gives you an in-depth picture of your sleep. You are able figure out problems and improvement areas in your sleep simply by anayzing sleep graph. Better rested body is better you.
It helps you constantly be on the move and remain active. With workout logging, precise step tracking, insight reports and subtle reminders throughout the day, it will make sure you are moving towards a more active lifestyle.
UP 24 features new curved design on the top, has a smaller headphone jack that is only used for charging, and now syncs via Bluetooth. Bluetooth connectivity allows you to always stay connected, providing real-time feedback for your motivation.
It comes with green LED lights for day/night mode, a physical button for changing modes and a vibrating motor.
The UP 24 app itself is just plain beautiful and intuitive.
We highly recommend UP 24 to help you move towards your fitness goal.
Garmin Vivofit Fitness Band
Garmin Vivofit is another fitness tracker that is simply great.
The fitness band is lightweight, and the curved band/display is comfortable and easy to wear. Even if you are not a watch wearer, you will find that it will not annoy your wrist. It comes with a large and small wristband to better fit your wrist.
The battery lasts forever – stays on for more than a year without having to charge the battery.
It’s water resistant – so you can take it with you for normal water-related activities like swimming, showers, rain, etc.
The wrist tracker is comparatively more accurate than others (i.e. all tracking device have errors – this one has less than the competition).
Garmin succeeds in every product segment it enters, and health/fitness-wearables market is no different. Highly recommended.
Misfit Shine Activity and Sleep Monitor
Like many of its competitors, Misfit Shine helps you live a healthier lifestyle by tracking your activities, monitoring your sleep and counting your calories.
- swimproof, aircraft-grade anodized aluminum disc
- white led progress and time display
- wirelessly syncs with paired smartphone to upload data
- automatically tracks steps, distance, calories, and light and heavy sleep
- non-charging, replaceable battery lasts up to 6 months. please refer the installation and the battery replacement video before use.
Where this little gadget really shines is in its amazingly beautiful design, ease of use and how much it offers at comparatively lower price point of under hundred dollars.
It emits a halo of lights that show progress toward your daily activity goal – designed to give you constant motivation.
The replaceable battery lasts up to 6 months, so you do not have to worry about hunting for a USB cable to constantly charge it.
Shine does an amazingly great job of automatic sleep detection, showing you patterns of deep and light sleep.
It’s water resistant – so you can wear it anywhere, all the time and it comes with a range of sleek upgrades including sport bands, leather bands, necklaces and clips to suit your needs and style.
The only shortcoming of Shine is that it does not integrate deeply with other fitness apps/devices like many other trackers do. But that’s really not a dealbreaker.