Boating and fishing are fun activities. At least, that is, until you realize you forgot to do your business before leaving your house and now you want to pee so badly or your stomach is hurting so bad and there’s nothing more you want at the moment than to rush to the nearest toilet. But what if you’re in the middle of a lake? What if the nearest toilet is hours away? This is when a composting toilet comes in handy.
5 Best-Selling Composting Toilet for Narrowboat
Table of Contents
- 1. Camco Portable Travel Toilet
- 2. Reliance Products Luggable Loo Portable Toilet
- 3. Nature’s Head Dry Composting Toilet with Standard Crank Handle
- 4. SUN-MAR GTG Composting Toilet
- Why Should You Get a Composting Toilet?
- Things to Consider when Buying a Composting Toilet
Reviews of Top Rated Composting Toilet for Narrowboat
- portable travel toilet: provides a convenient bathroom spot while on-the-go; ideal for camping, rving, boating, road trips and other recreational activities; detachable holding tank: 2.6-gallon holding tank is detachable for easy emptying
- stops leaks and odors: the locking lid helps stop spills and the sealing slide valve locks in odors/protects against leakage; side latches fasten the tank to the toilet
- easy to flush: an easy-to-use bellow-type flush and pull slide valve provide simple flushing
- size: measures 12 3/8-inches (h) x 14-inches (w) x 16 ¼-inches (d); durable construction: made of durable, lightweight polyethylene
- includes: (1) portable toilet and (3) individual tst orange drop-ins
The Camco Portable Travel Toilet is first on this list because it’s probably the best composting toilet you can get. It has a 2.6-gallon holding tank that is detachable and which you can attach with highly secure side latches. If you are concerned about the collected waste becoming stinky, don’t worry, because this portable composting toilet does not smell, thanks to its valve locks.
It’s made of polyethylene so it’s durable, and it is also very easy to clean.
- compatible with reliance's standard double doodle bag
- weight: 3.00lbs
- economically priced portable toilet
- 5-gallon (20-liter) capacity
- simple bucket style design; traditional snap-on lid
If you’re looking for a composting toilet that saves a lot of space, this is probably the best choice. Once it is closed, it will look just as if it’s nothing but a pail with a lid. That’s how simple the appearance of this toilet is.
Despite its price, however, it has a 5-gallon capacity (which is quite a lot), it weighs just 3 pounds, and it is really sturdy.
- hand crank agitator in base for fast composting
- user friendly
- easy installation
- features a molded design
- includes 5' vent hose, bottle cap, 12v power plug
This one looks very much like the typical residential toilet, except that it has a crank handle for faster composting. This one is cheaper than other composting toilets, which might lead you to think that it’s not good, but in truth, it does a pretty great job!
Even though it looks quite more complex than other portable toilets, it’s really compact, and it’s actually easy to install and it’s also easy to operate. The plastic parts are durable and the steel parts are stainless, so this can surely last for years.
- compact and portable - the efficient gtg is the ideal portable toilet for camping or rv toilet use!
- installs in minutes - this portable potty for adults (children too) is almost too easy to install!
- solid/liquid separation - this smart toilet separate liquid and solid waste to separate chambers!
- tiny - the most compact porta potty camp toilet (that doesn't sacrifice practicality) we could find!
- easy disposal - the gtg functions similarly to a cassette toilet, making waste management a breeze!
This composting toilet is a bit pricey, but it surely is worth the money. You can stall it in minutes, it’s small, so it’s perfect for just about any outdoor activity, and it makes waste management really easy.
In this composting toilet, waste and solid waste are separated. This way you can easily just pour out the liquid waste and throw out what has been collected in the solid waste chamber. It also has a built-in fan to reduce the buildup of stinky odors. This composting toilet is both efficient and heavy-duty.
Why Should You Get a Composting Toilet?
1. You can use them just about anywhere.
Composting toilets are often purchased by people who are about to go camping, boating, or RVing. This is because they are perfect for outdoor activities because they often don’t require water, they’re very portable, and they’re easy to clean. However, composting toilets can be used not just for outdoor activities. You can use it at home as well, in case you have guests who will be staying in a room that is far from the bathroom.
2. With a composting toilet, you can be a bit more environment-friendly.
With a composting toilet, you have the option to not send human waste to sanitation centers. While it may sound gross, you can actually use the waste collected as fertilizer, the same way you can use animal manure. This way, you won’t have to buy chemical fertilizers that may have adverse effects on the environment.
Things to Consider when Buying a Composting Toilet
1. Storage Tank Capacity
Composting toilets come in different sizes. Obviously, larger ones have larger storage tank capacities. However, if you’re travelling alone or with just one person, you can survive with a small composting toilet with a small tank capacity. Of course, if you’re coming with your entire family, you have to look for something that can hold a larger amount of waste.
Look closely at the material that makes up the composting toilet and also think about its weight capacity. Make sure that the composting toilet you’re going to get is made of tough and yet lightweight material, and that it can hold a good amount of weight.
3. Weight and Size
When getting a composting toilet, think about the size of the space where you plan on placing it, and take that into consideration when deciding what to buy. In addition to that, also think about the weight. If you’re bringing a composting toilet to a boating or fishing trip, you don’t want something that is too big or heavy that it will end up weighing down one end of your boat. Lastly, decide whether the one you’re planning to get is something that is easy to bring or carry.
Perhaps anything that has to do with toilets is a burdensome chore, but this doesn’t have to be the case when you are having fun outdoors with your composting toilet, as long as you get something that is easy to clean and maintain.
Products are often marketed to do an excellent job, but even though they might actually be as great as the manufacturer says, there will always be those unavoidable situations when they turn out to be unable to meet our expectations as consumers or buyers. Thus, it is important that you buy something with a warranty so that if you encounter any issues, you can always contact the store of the manufacturer and get your money’s worth.
The last factor to take into consideration when you’re looking for the perfect composting toilet for outdoor activities is the price. Sometimes, we like something so much until we see the price and realize it’s way above our budget. Then we go and look for something that’s cheaper as long as it does the job. Note that not all cheaper alternatives are bad, however, it’s true that you get what you pay for. When you sacrifice quality to spend less, chances are, you’ll be spending more in the end. Cheap composting toilets are not so durable and they may be more prone to leaks. Thus, make sure to make the right choice.
When you are planning on going boating or fishing, you should not forget to bring a composting toilet with you. Composting toilets are great because they’re portable and easy to clean. With a good composting toilet, you would not have to cut your boating trip short just so you could do your business.