Bras are essential camping equipment. Like with other camping equipment, your bra needs to serve multiple purposes, be durable, perform in any activity and weather type, and, most of all, it must be comfortable.
5 Best-Selling Bras for Camping
Table of Contents
- 1. Icebreaker Racerback Sports Bra in Merino Wool
- 2. Smartwool Racerback Bra in Synthetic Material
- 3. Under Armour Polyester Crossback Bra
- 4. Reebok PureMove Sports Bra with Nylon and Spandex
- 5. Nike Pro Classic Swoosh Sports Bra with Pull-On Closure
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
These clothing items will keep you feeling fresh and comfortable for long days while hiking, canoeing, chopping wood, walking, fishing, and any myriad other activities while also looking stylish, support your breasts, and keep you feeling cool.
In this article, we’ll help you know what to look for in your next camping bra, why camping- and the hiking-specific bra is important, and narrow your search down to the 5 best bras for camping to make your buying decision all the easier.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Bras for Camping
No products found.
This sports bra offered by Icebreaker is highly rated by wearers for its perfect combination of low to medium impact support level and Lycra fabrics for mobility. Constructed with wool fibers and lycra, these bras offer comfort, support, and a soft fit for all cup sizes. These fabrics are also naturally odor-free to help to better regulate body temperature and present no buckles, clasps, or clips to create chafing of the skin. This bra is available in a variety of colors and sizes.
This Smartwool bra’s materials comprise an 85 percent nylon and 15 percent elastane mix for a durable fabric that is ideal for use as performance wear too. They also suit it for wear in colder climates as it features a liner of 68 percent Merino wool to trap body heat and better regulate your temperature when the thermometer goes south. It features individual cups and removable padding to provide shape and support for medium impact activities, while the seamless racerback design ensures enhanced comfort and no chafing. The wide shoulder straps help to provide comfort and compression of the breasts to the chest for better support. This bra is available in four colors.
- best for a to c cups
- delivers strategic support, tailored for medium impact activities like cycling, weight training & boxing
- crossover straps with feminine keyhole detail
- signature jacquard elastic band delivers a soft, stay put fit
- super smooth, double layer heatgear fabric delivers superior next to skin feel
From the makers of leading activewear, this bra offers support for medium activities and elastic bands to fit properly. The crossover straps are wide to provide support and comfort while not cutting into your skin during prolonged wear. They also design it with HeatGear fabric for a soft feeling. The material is 90 percent polyester and 10 percent elastane blend. This bra is available in six different colors and sizes to suit every body type.
- breathable and lightweight material: these workout bras with 73% nylon and 27% spandex, make workouts easier and more productive
- high-impact support: these sports bras feature a revolutionary fabric with motion sense technology that reacts to your movements for absolute control and support
- stay cool and dry: these reebok bras feature breathable perforations on the front and back to keep you cool
- comfortable and efficient design: these athletic bras have free cut edges that provide a second-skin feel and a minimalistic look
- high-performance sportswear: ideal for training, running and everyday wear
Breathable and lightweight material make these bras stand out for hiking and other medium and high impact activities when camping. Created with a combination of 73 percent nylon and 27 percent spandex, they offer cooling for the front and rear areas of the bra to keep you as cool as possible. With free cut edges, the bras offer a soft fitting ideal for extended wear. They have developed this bra to reduce bounce during high intensity activities while not sacrificing comfort.
- dri-fit technology helps keep you dry and comfortable
- compression fit for snug support while you work out
- low racerback straps allow for a full range of motion
This sports bra is highly recommended by wearers for its Dri-Fit technology that wicks away moisture to keep you cool and comfortable while camping. It features compression to push the breasts against the ribcage for the best support for medium-impact activities. The low racerback design of the shoulder and back closure straps enables full mobility. With a seamless style, it will fit softly and snugly without causing chafe and discomfort even during long periods of wear.
1. Fit for Purpose
A bra for camping must be comfortable and supportive. For that, it must suit the level of activity you’d likely encounter on camping trips. They classify bras in these terms according to low impact (walking and yoga); medium impact (hiking and water sports); and high impact (mountain biking and running).
2. Sports Bras versus Hiking/Camping Bras
The bras you’ll wear for sports and hiking/camping will be the same in design, but their level of support and comfort differs. Not all hiking and camping bras are sports bras. Will you be hiking to your campsite? A bra with a back closure could see it chafe your skin to pieces. Clips, clasps, buckles, and hooks on the straps can also dig into your skin under backpacks. Some sports bras offer high levels of support and compression that they negate the use of fast-wicking fabrics: instead of keeping you cool, they will make you feel uncomfortable and tire you out sooner.
3. Types of Bras for Camping
There are three types of sports bras to consider for camping, and they each provide support and comfort in different ways:
• Encapsulation: These form individual cups around each breast; they’re ideal for low impact activities.
• Compression: This bra compresses the breasts against the chest to restrict their movement; they’re designed for medium-impact levels of activity.
• Encapsulation/Compression: These types of bras offer a combination of Encapsulation and Compression; ideal for high impact activities.
4. Features of Bras for Camping
As we’ve mentioned, sports bras are available in three main types and while they comprise the same features, they are constructed in different ways to provide the best support and comfort during camping activities.
• Band: The bra’s band serves to provide the most support. They design the band to fit around the ribcage. In terms of bandwidths, the wider the bands, the more support they provide for the wearer.
• Shoulder Straps: they design the shoulder straps as compression to push breasts against the chest. These straps should not stretch and they should not dig into the skin. The wider the shoulder straps, the more comfort they provide as they help to distribute weight better than narrow straps.
• Adjustable Straps: These take the form of clips to offer a customizable fit for enhanced comfort.
• Back Closure and Straps: With back closures, help to support the back muscles and are another area for adjustment of fit. There are three main back strap designs to choose from: crisscross, tank top, racerback. These offer varying degrees of support, with crisscross designed for low impact activities; tank tops for medium-impact; and racerback styles for high impact activities.
• Underwire: Underwire in sports bras provide support to each breast to minimize movement.
• Fabrics: Fabrics range from nylon to fast-wicking materials to keep moisture away and keep the wearer comfortable.
5. Best Padding for Bras for Camping
Several sports bras on the market now feature internal padding for additional support and comfort. The level of padding and shape thereof varies from brand to brand. A key consideration is whether the padding is removable for easier cleaning.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best supportive bras for activities such as camping and hiking are sports bras. A category within sports bras, hiking bras offers the best comfort and support.
No. Not all sports bras feature moisture-wicking materials, as those materials rarely offer enough support for high impact activities.
If you’re not taking part in any strenuous activities, such as hiking or walking long distances, a regular bra will be sufficient. However, for maximum comfort, a sports bra is the better choice.
It should be safe to wear a sports bra while sleeping and for long periods of time – so long as the bra fits properly.
No. A sports bra that fits properly is not meant to be tight, but to fit snugly around the ribcage. A bra’s straps must also not dig into your skin.
There’s more to buying a bra for camping than first comes to mind. Of course, comfort and support are the most key features for any bra, but with medium impact activities while camping, a bra that offers enhanced support and fitting properly will make you feel more comfortable no matter what activity you’re doing.