Motorcycling and camping are two activities that go well together. And for avid motorcycle travelers, camping is one integral part of their favorite activity. Unless you are running on a heavy budget, then staying in hotels during stopovers could become very expensive.
5 Best-Selling 2 Man Tent for Motorcycle Camping
Table of Contents
Having the right tent is essential to make motorcycle camping easier. It must be lightweight, a space saver, and easy to install.
There are many good tents for camping but there are only a few that are perfect for a motorcycle camper. In this article, we will be looking at the best two-man tents for motorcycle camping.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated 2 Man Tent for Motorcycle Camping
1. Abco Tech Pop Up Tent
Popup Tent And Automatic UV Protection Sun Shelter With Carrying Bag Sky Blue
- effortless set up – pops open in the blink of an eye into a ready-to-use camping and lounge tent, and easy to fold back into a compact form – abco pop up tent is ideal for casual camping and accommodates 1-2 people. see our video content for detailed instructions on how to open and close the tent!
- double doors – with double doors on both the left and right side, it’s easy to step out from either side. moreover, a combination of inner zippered screen plus outer zippered nylon layer give an ability to easily switch between high breathability and complete privacy.
- high breathability– a mesh window on both the front and back allow for air circulation while the solid nylon flaps over the windows allow for privacy. further, opening the mesh windows allows you to enjoy your surroundings from inside the tent.
- carry bag & accessories – comes with a carry bag that's ideal for storage and easy portability. it also comes with a small bag for accessories to keep them organized
- best use - this product is not meant to be subject to storm conditions or long periods of rain! use this on a casual camping trip or set it up on the beach for shelter from the sun!
If you are looking for something portable, convenient, and easy to set up, then this pop-up tent is the perfect choice for you. This tent is ideal for the casual camper and for those who would want to travel light.
Setting it up is very easy, as it does this automatically without the need for inserting the frames as with the conventional designs. It is also very compact and folds easily.
This tent has doors on both sides and has a built-in zippered screen. It also has two mesh windows with nylon flaps that provide very good ventilation. This tent comes with its compact carry bag which you can easily strap onto your motorcycle.
2. Mis Mountain Inn Sports
MIS 2 Person Tent Tent For Family Hiking Glamping Travel
- ➤stronger material: mis tent is consists of 100% waterproof polyester and withstand for a 2500mm rainfall. 10 tent stakes is made of 7001 aluminum, lightweigh but harder and easily plus into ground.
- ➤two round door -- mis camping tent has 2 round doors that provides great view and keeps ventilation. the inner size is 59"w x 86.6"l x 47.2" which is enough for 2 persons.
- ➤multi-function footprint -- mis tent includes footprint which can be a picnic blanket separately, putting under the floor of tent to protect your tent, becoming a sun shade with rain flysheet together in the summer.this 3 season tent benefits for beach, camping, hiking, climbing, music festival party ect.
- ➤practical designs -- there are 2 big pockets on the each side of doors that enough to put the magazine book and convenient to access. you can put light stuff like comb on the mesh ceiling. half mesh design of the tent top great for watching the starry sky when you lie in the tent.
- ➤repair kit -- the kit of this tent includes pole clips, guy rope and repair fabric. it can help to resolve some simple matters by yourself.
This tent is ultralight but very durable. It is still made from polyester that is 2500mm waterproof. The frame is made out of 7001 aluminum making it very sturdy.
This tent is built with two round doors which are perfect to give you a good view of your surroundings and maximizing ventilation. This tent also comes with a footprint which you can also use as a picnic blanket or use as a base for your tent.
This tent comes with its repair kit which includes a guy rope, pole clips, and repair fabric.
3. OneTigris Outback Camping Tent
OneTigris Outback Retreat Camping Camping, Backpacking, Bushcraft, Travel, Canoeing
- durable material: tent material is made with 50d ripstop nylon that's highly durable and rip-stop to ensure long-lasting use, 1500mm waterproof rating to protect you from weathers, with all zippers are quality assured snag-free ykk zippers for top notch quality and convenient, full mesh layer to keep the tiny creatures out and breeze in, so you won't feel any claustrophobia in this
- tent with porch: this tent is comes from classical baker style tent that a frame trekker tent with a front porch, but we made the back flap also can be zipper opened, and creatively 2 side zippered vestibules that makes this tent a distinctively 6-sided hexagon design with entrances on all 4 sides for perfect views and ventilation in summer nights, and you can close them all to get yourself a strong fortress in heavy rain or storm or other bad weather
- lightweight double tent: 7ft by 4.4ft (215cm *135cm) sleeping area for up to 2 campers with plenty of room for gear and rucksacks, porch setup option for you to use with camping chairs, tables and stoves, etc, an ideal outdoor tent for car, rv, suv, truck, motorcycle camping
- full tent kits: comes with complete setup kit of 4 lightweight aluminum tent poles in 4.1ft (125cm) length, exactly the height of the tent, 12 triangle alumiun tent pegs and 6 guy-lines for simple setup, and a waterproof zippered tent bag for easy storage and portable
- stealth camping gear: practical coyote brown color for better blending in natures, typical tactical style gear | dimensions in 12.3ft (l) *4.4ft (w) *4.1ft (h)/ 375cm *135cm *125cm | shelter weighs 6ib (2700g)
This tent comes with a porch setup that you can use to give your motorcycle shelter when you are camping. It also allows for a good view of your campsite.
It is made of 75D ripstop nylon making it highly durable and is also rated as 1500mm waterproof. When it is fully open, it has entrances on all four sides which also has a mesh layer to keep out insects and other creatures while providing you with very good ventilation.
This tent may be a bit bulky but is somewhat perfect to carry around on your motorcycle adventures.
You might be interested in our guide about The Best Ice Melt Storage Container.
4. Flytop Double Layer Camping Tent
FLYTOP Double Layer Waterproof Motorcycle Mountaineering Bicycle Camping Hiking Camping
- 1-2 person tent capacity:tent dimension:（23.6+59+23.6）’’lx82.6’’x45.3’’,two person tent will give you perfect amount of space.
- high quality backpacking friendly tent:`210t polyester tent body that goes to easily set up.heavy duty poles and waterproof coverage rainfly.
- 3 season waterproof breathable camping tent:be safe from insects with the fully breathable,easily and house comfortably with lots of room.awesome ventilation.sun shelters are clutch for suv protection.3 person ultralight waterproof tent.
- easy set up,compact,reliable lightweight tents:double-wall models design for breathable.the weight savings is worthy for all outdoor favorite, only 5.73lbs for weight saving,
- very light and small for backpack travelling tent:portable, package size:18.5*5.5*5.5inch,large door vent and zippered mesh windows allow for plenty of air flow.good choice for 3-season tents. mostly meshing and is lightweight. it is designed to withstand typical weather conditions in the spring, summer, and fall.mesh material b3 breathable mesh,scientific ventilation system with high-density mesh,insect prevention and breathable.
This compact tent is easy to set up and is very lightweight making it perfect for the avid motorcycle camper. It is made from 210T polyester and comes with heavy-duty aluminum poles.
It comes with large doors which allows you ample ventilation when in use. It comes with a small backpack type storage which you can easily strap on your motorcycle when traveling.
This tent is designed to withstand all weather conditions except winter.
5. Crua Outdoors Camping Tent
Crua Hybrid 1 Or Adventure Gear! Twin Hybrid
- [ground tent or hammock tent] crua hybrid 2 person camping tent offers the ultimate solution for versatile camping, whether you prefer to stay on the ground or in a hammock. unlike its competitors, the crua hybrid provides a unique, all-in-one design that seamlessly transforms from a ground tent to a hammock tent in just minutes.
This compact camping tent can also be set up as a hammock. It is built with connectable zippers which allows you to put the gear together to form a tent.
It is water repellent and is rated to be 5000mm waterproof. It comes with a bug mesh layer allowing maximum ventilation so that you can fully open the flaps.
It comes with a flysheet which helps protect you during harsh conditions. All Crua Outdoor items carry a two-year warranty.
Durability is very important when choosing the right camping gear. Especially with motorcycle camping, trips normally last for several days.
This also exposes the tent to different conditions. When you are choosing the right tent, choose those that are made out of durable materials.
Some tents are lightweight but do not compromise durability. These are the ones that are ideal for motorcycle camping.
2. Low Volume
Volume is something that many motorcycle campers overlook since many will only focus on weight when choosing the right camping gear. Yes, weight is indeed important but volume as well as an integral part to consider when looking for camping gear.
Normally, a motorcycle camper’s bulkiest luggage is composed of camping gear. Sleeping bags, mats, pots, pans, and your tent can take up a very huge amount of space.
The key here is to find the perfect gear that packs up tightly that’s why it is best to find tents that you can keep like this. Smaller volume means a lot of space-saving for other items.
3. Ease Of Installation
Well, you do not want to spend an hour setting up your tent after a whole day of traveling. You can always choose a tent that you can set up very fast. Pop-up tents do exist and they pack up tightly as well.
If you need something that you can use for casual camping or quick road trips then pop-up tents are perfect for you.
Having a 2 man tent means that you can fit all your luggage inside your tent as well. Many motorcycle travelers would opt to have a single capacity tent when they first entered the hobby.
But the tendency is these solo tents tend to be very tight. That is why our choices are for two-man tents which can provide you ample space for all your gear.
Frequently Asked Questions
When packing a tent on your motorcycle, always think about safety first. Since tents may come heavy, you can pack them near the motorcycle’s center of gravity along with other heavy items.
No, there is no need to put one over your tent. But placing one under the tent may be essential for its durability.
It is the same as any other camping trip, but you must prioritize your safety gear when riding.
Planning the route is essential so you can also find a good camping spot during your trip. Camping out national parks is ideal because they have designated campgrounds as well as the proper amenities.
Yes, having this rating on the tent fabric is more than enough to keep you completely dry.
Having the right tent does not only provide you convenience when traveling, but it is also safer to carry on your motorcycle as conventional tents tend to be quite bulky and heavy.