There’s nothing better than spending the great outdoors with friends and family. And for that, you need an AM/FM radio to accompany your trip.
Though there’s no denying that AM/FM radios are flooding the market these days, but we highly recommend brands such as FosPower, Panasonic, and Monster Roam if you want quality at its finest.
Who said radios are a thing of the past? There’s no denying that radio sales are getting slower with the growing smartphone economy since phones already have a built-in radio on it. But that doesn’t mean people have already completely abandoned radios.
Travelers, especially campers, are still using radios for their outdoor adventures. And if you’re planning to go on your first camping trip, then this article is for you. Today, we are going to list down the best radios that you can buy for camping. That said, let’s have a look at them!
5 Best-Selling AM FM Radios for Camping
Table of Contents
Reviews of 5 Top Rated AM FM Radios for Camping
For those on a budget, the Panasonic Rf-2400D is the best bang for the buck option. This radio is built with camping in mind. It has all the necessary features you need and nothing you don’t. And yes, only ‘basic’ features since this is only a budget radio.
It’s also lightweight and only weighs 1.9 pounds, making it portable that doesn’t add too much weight to your bag. The best part of this radio is its speakers. It got a large 10cm speaker that delivers high-quality sound. Bad weather? No problem! Its premium-grade antennas will still bring clear coverage no matter how stormy or windy it is.
And if you want a radio that is priced even lower, then meet the SYIHLON Portable Am/Fm Radio. The first one we mentioned above only comes with basic features. But this one is a different story. Despite its low price tag, it has some bells and whistles included for your convenience.
This includes a LED lamp that is hidden in a compartment at the top. But wait, there’s more! There’s also a second light source that acts as an SOS emergency alarm too. So just in case you are stuck in the middle of a forest, you can use this as a signal to warn the others about your location. Extra functionality on a budget? You can never go wrong with this one!
- 【prepared yourself ahead with survival gear and equipment】pplee am/fm/sw 𝗡𝗢𝗔𝗔 𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗼 timely reports various life-threatening severe weather issued by national weather service, choose the band selector to wb and one of the 7 bands to find your local weather station. our emergency weather radio will alert you with a loud sos alarm and flashing red light, will keep your family safe through natural disasters like hurricanes, earthquakes, wildfires, snowstorms, tornadoes.
- 【5000 large capacity built-in battery】compared with other emergency radio on the market, this 𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗼 built-in 5000 large-capacity rechargeable battery, when we are trapped in an emergency or our cellphone runs out of power, simply plug your phone or other small electronics into the usb port of this emergency kit for some extra power. works with most usb powered devices, this survival gear could provide enough emergency power for important calls.
- 【never power outage with 5 charging ways】this emergency solar 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗼 with multiple power backup options is the best value for survival radio in this market. 5 power sources - 5000 large capacity built-in rechargeable battery, solar, crank, 5v usb input, 3*aaa battery. no matter what emergency you’re in, it never runs out of electricity!
- 【light your way with high illuminated flashlight & reading lamp】it’s a smart choice to have this rechargeable 𝗰𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗼 no matter for indoor or outdoor usage. provides a 3w camping flashlight and 2.5w reading light, this battery operated radio is designed to light up your darkness when emergencies or bug out, flashlights for emergencies, emergency lights for home power failure.
- 【great reception for am fm shortwave radio】added a 3.5mm headphone jack and adjustable antenna, this 𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗰𝘆 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗼 helps you to enjoy the am/fm/sw radio with crystal sound and good signal. the big tuning knob makes it easier to tune into your favorite channel manually. the dimension of this portable 𝗮𝗺 𝗳𝗺 𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗼 is 6.69 x 3.74 x 2.36 inches and weight 1lb, which is surprisingly small and light to carry around.
A solar-powered radio that comes with all the essentials at a price that won’t hurt your wallet? Then say hello to the PPLEE Solar Powered Portable Radio. From the name itself, it can be charged via its solar panels. So in case you are running out of batteries in the middle of the trip, just leave it out in the sun for a few hours, then you’re good to go!
It also has a built-in SOS alarm too, just like the second product we tackled above. But it doesn’t end there! This radio can also be used to charge your gadgets again, which is pretty neat considering the importance of power while camping. It also has a built-in compass and an adjustable antenna for better signal reception.
- [2000mah power bank will keep devices powered] fospower's emergency radio incorporates a 2000mah power bank capable of providing emergency power to any small tablet or phone.
- [3 power sources power when you need it] use the emergency weather radio's 3 power sources when you need a boost of power or need to recharge the radio. the radio's crank lever and solar panel are both capable of regenerating enough power to keep the radio, lights, and sos alarm ready to go when you need it most. aaa batteries ensure you have power when not able to regenerate power.
- [2 light sources always powered] the emergency crank radio can also provide light. the 4 led reading light and 1w flashlight provides enough output to keep you and your loved ones out of the dark in an emergency situation.
- [noaa emergency weather broadcast access] the radio will dependably receive up to the second emergency weather forecasts and emergency news broadcasts from noaa and am/fm stations.
- [limited lifetime warranty] includes a limited lifetime warranty. please visit fospower's website for more information.
And since we are talking about solar-powered radios, then the FosPower Emergency Solar Radio is a worthy option in this list too. It has the same functions and features as the PPLEE one that we mentioned above. It has a solar panel, charging station for your devices, and an adjustable antenna.
But the best part? Its large 2000maH battery is capable enough to power multiple gadgets. This radio also has an IPX3 water-resistant rating capable of being soaked in light to heavy rain. Just don’t try to submerge it underwater, as doing so is a recipe for disaster. Not to mention, it also has a dedicated weather emergency forecast from NOAA stations.
- brand new in box. the product ships with all relevant accessories
If you want to blast your tunes while camping, then look no further with the Monster Roam Portable Radio Speaker. Although pricey, this radio is the ultimate entertainment powerhouse for your camping trips. It gives you the best of both worlds of a portable speaker and a radio. Thanks to its digital sound processor, you get high-quality audio even if it’s submerged in water.
And speaking of submerging, the radio is rated IP67 water-resistant. Now you don’t have to worry even if you dip it on a nearby river. And for added aesthetics, it has RGB lights with multiple patterns to choose from. As well as an aux port so you can plug-in other devices too! This is indeed an entertainment radio to get if you don’t mind its price tag.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is. Having battery backup is a must, so you can easily power your radio without leaving it in the sun for hours during the trip. Doing so saves you time from charging it up using its solar panel.
This depends on the battery capacity of the radio. If it has a big battery, then expect the charging time to be longer than usual. A good rule of thumb is to charge the radio before the trip fully.
Yes, as long as you don’t sleep on it. Leaving it overnight while everyone is asleep will attract burglars or wild animals that can steal stuff in your camp. Not to mention, it also drains the battery faster too.
Yes, it is, especially if you don’t have extra AAA batteries with you. Just make sure not to overcharge it and leave some power for your other devices too.
Radios (as well as other battery-powered devices) will heat when used continuously. So it’s perfectly normal that it warms a little. Make sure to turn it off when it’s not in use too.