Camping is just one of the many fun things you can do with your family if you want to have some quality time with them on those rare days when you don’t have to work. But even though camping itself is enjoyable, it is an activity that requires a certain amount of preparation. You need to be sure to pack food, water, sleeping bags, and of course, a nice tent wherein everyone coming.
10 Best-Selling Tents for Family Camping
- 1 1. Coleman Sundome Tent
- 2 2. Core 9-Person Extended Dome Tent
- 3 3. Coleman Juniper Lake Instant Dome Tent with Annex
- 4 4. Outbound Camping Dome Tent
- 5 5. Coleman Elite Sundome 6 Person Tent with LED Light System
- 6 6. Teton Sports Mountain Ultra Tent
- 7 7. Coleman Festival Camping Tent
- 8 8. Coleman 8-Person Tent for Camping
- 9 9. HUI LINGYANG Outdoor Instant 4-Person Pop-up Tent
- 10 10. Coleman Hooligan Backpacking Tent
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions
- 12 Conclusion
Reviews of 10 Top Rated Tents for Family Camping
- weatherproof: welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; included rainfly offers extra weather protection
- wind and rain tested: strong frame withstands 35+ mph winds
- great ventilation: large windows and ground vent for enhanced airflow
If you’re wondering about which brand you can get something that is sure to last, you can never go wrong with Coleman. It has big windows and vents so that air can freely move in and out of the tent, leaving you feeling cool no matter how long you stay inside it, and it has slots through which you can let cords pass through so that you can easily access electrical power from inside the tent.
This weatherproof tent, which you can set up in as fast as 10 minutes, comes in different varieties and you can get one that can fit up to 6 people.
- sleeps 9 people; fits three queen air mattresses; center height: 72 inches
- core h20 block technology and adjustable ground vent.pole type: traditional fiber glass poles
- features gear loft with lantern hook and pockets to keep items organized and off the tent floor
If your family is quite large and you want to bring just one tent with you on your camping trip, then go for this massive tent from Core which can fit up to 9 people. You can even gaze up at the night sky with this tent, because it has mesh ceiling panels. Of course, in the occasion that it begins to drizzle, you can always put on its removable rainfly, which can protect you from both strong winds and heavy rains.
This tent also has a lantern hook and ports through which you can let cords pass through if you need to use electricity from inside your tent.
- 4-person dome camping tent built to set up fast and withstand the elements
- sets up in around 60 seconds with pre-attached poles
- ventilated annex offers storage for camping gear or space for medium dog bed
This tent from Coleman can fit up to 4 people and it also has an annex wherein you can put your things so that they do not take up your sleeping area. It has inverted seams and a strong frame so that you can stay safe and dry whatever the weather.
If you’re not very patient when it comes to setting up things like camping tents, then this one is perfect for you, since it is very easy to set-up, thanks to its pre-attached poles. It’s also very easy to take down once your camping trip is over, but it can definitely withstand heavy winds and rain.
- fiberglass “easy up” technology: our outbound tent features a strong durable fiberglass frame system that allows for quick super-fast setups
- roomy 8-person tent: this backpacking tent is spacious featuring a d-shaped door with two built in zip windows complete with a mesh wall for excellent ventilation. includes 2 interior storage pockets for personal items
- weather resistant: heavy duty 600 mm coated rain fly with front canopy provides water and weather protection. both the welded leak proof seams and polyester bathtub floor are built-in to keep water out of your tent
Most tents out there can fit four people at most, but this is one of those rare ones that can fit up to 8 people. It has mesh panels to promote good ventilation and it’s made of heavy-duty material so that you can be certain that you will stay dry even if it rains. Another useful feature of this tent is its polyester bathtub floor, which helps prevent the water from seeping in your tent.
This tent also has storage pockets wherein you can safely keep your stuff so that you don’t have to worry about losing them while you enjoy your camping trip.
- dome tent fits 6 camp pads or 2 queen-size air mattresses
- built-in led lighting system with 3 brightness settings delivers up to 100 lumens
- easy setup in only 10 minutes with snag-free continuous pole sleeves
Sometimes lighting is one of the issues you face when camping. You can easily solve this by packing a lamp or a flashlight (and of course, spare batteries or a power source if you need to recharge), but with this tent, you will probably not need those, since this has a built-in LED lighting system with 3 brightness settings (high, low, and nightlight).
This tent can fit up to six people, but despite its size and capacity, it’s really easy to set up. It also has a ground vent and windows for excellent ventilation.
- stay dry: waterproof rainfly with a 360-degree ventilation system for optimal air flow that allows a cool, comfortable night’s sleep; 1 to 4 person camping tents available
- room with a view: get away from the city lights and enjoy a full view of the milky way; full dome mesh top allows for an amazing stargazing experience
- easy to set up: lightweight tent packs down tight for backpacking, hiking and camping; micro mesh inner tent with perfect fitting, waterproof rainfly
Do you want to gaze at the stars before falling asleep? With this tent, which has a full dome mesh top, you can get exactly that. It also has a 360-degree ventilation system to ensure that you can breathe comfortably even when you are inside.
This tent is lightweight, so you won’t have a hard time lugging it around. In addition to that, it’s very easy to set up and pack. It can also withstand all sorts of weather. You will definitely get your money’s worth with this one.
- one xxl black out bedroom: with 99% of daylight being blocked out from the bedroom you will be sure to get a great night's sleep and not wake with the first light; up to 5 degree celsius cooler during the day
- lightweight, sturdy and easy to pitch camping dome tent: fits 3 person, highly flexible and lightweight fiberglass poles assures a good response to wind
- large storage area: spacious enough for storing gear or muddy boots; features pvc windows with covers, offering the ultimate balance of light and privacy; door for easy access
There are two types of people–those who don’t mind sleeping with a little light, and those who need darkness in order to fall into a deep slumber. If you’re one of the latter, you might want to consider getting this tent for your camping trip. What is unique about this tent is that it can block out light and this is particularly helpful if you hate being woken up in the morning by the blinding light of the sun. If it rains, you also don’t have to worry because this tent is a hundred percent waterproof.
This tent can sleep about three people and it is also spacious enough for storing your gear and bags. It has flexible fiberglass poles that can withstand strong winds.
- camping tent with spacious design offers enough room for 8 people to sleep comfortably
- included dividers let you create 3 separate rooms for privacy
- weathertec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams keeps you dry
Products made by Coleman never fail to disappoint. Just look at this tent, which can fit up to 8 people. The best part about this tent is not its size. It’s the dividers, which allow you to create rooms (three rooms to be exact) in the tent for privacy. That’s something you don’t find in most tents being sold in the market today.
- easy and stress free set up - remove your instant, free-standing tent from the packaging and watch it pop up automatically (you can literally count the seconds this takes!). no need to fumble with tent poles, or bother with complicated instructions. the tent comes in a portable carrying bag so you can easily fold up, pack in, and head off on a new adventure!
- mesh windows - openings on both the left and right sides are covered by a solid nylon flap provides cross ventilation and privacy. let fresh air in, while keeping the bugs out! double doors allow either side to be completely open, closed with just the screen material, or sealed with the nylon door for total privacy.
- quality you can count on- durable seams, sturdy zippers, and water resistant pu coated polyester...this tent was designed for optimal comfort, lasting quality, and ease of use. enjoy casual camping, outdoor recreational activities, boy/ girl scout, and family gatherings. not for extreme backpacking or use in heavy rain.
This tent from HUI LINGYANG is made out of polyester and it’s the perfect choice for you if you don’t want to stress over setting up your tent during your camping trip. Since this is a pop-up tent, all you have to do is take it out of its case and let it unfold on its own!
Like most other tents, this one has pockets as well for stashing your valuables and it also has loops for hanging things like your lamp. Its mesh panels permit passage of air in and out of the tent and at the same time allows you to see the outside, while still keeping your protected from bugs.
- lightweight outdoor tent designed for backpacking
- 9-foot x 7-foot interior with covered vestibule fits up to 4 camp pads
- fast 10-minute setup with snag-free continuous pole sleeves, insta-clip suspension, and patented pin-and-ring system
This tent is made out of polyester and it can fit up to 3 camp pads. It is very easy to set up and thanks to its WeatherTec system, which just about any other tent from Coleman boasts, you’ll certainly be safe from rain with this one. Most of it is mesh, so that you can stay comfortable while you are inside.
If you’re worried about storage, this tent has exactly that. It has mesh pockets wherein you can stash small items and it also has a fully covered vestibule by the entrance to protect the entryway and provide space for safely keeping your gear or bags away from rain or heat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Consider the size, the season, the quality, the material used, the price, and the brand.
A bathtub floor is one that does not have cross-seams connecting the floor material. This prevents water from getting into your tent so that you can sleep peacefully even if it rains.
You can get lighter tents for lower than a hundred dollars, but usually, those that are of high quality can cost up to 300 USD.
Look for something made out of poly-cotton or polyester.
A tent is probably one of the first things that you should prepare if you are going on a camping trip with your family. Make sure to get something that can fit everyone. In addition to that, ensure that it’s made of durable material since you’re never really certain what the weather is going to be if you’re going to go camping and trust me, you want a tent that can survive any weather.